The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWindows Software Replacements EmptyWindows Software Replacements

more_horiz
If you search to replace your Removed Windows Components by free software, just have a look below :

Windows Internet Explorer

Status
: Freeware
Portable
: No (Yes)
-------------------------------------------
Website
: Firefox
Portable : No (Yes)

Windows Media Player (Audio)

Portable : Yes

Windows Media Player (Video)

Windows Notepad

Windows Office

Windows Search

VirtualBox
Portable : No

VMware Player
Portable : No

Very Happy

descriptionWindows Software Replacements EmptyRe: Windows Software Replacements

more_horiz
As Most people Use 64Bit OS These Days I have a New Candidate for a browser.
But Just let me say that This Browser I have used now for a very very Long Time & It's Much More Faster than Firefox although it is made with the Firefox source code.

Windows Internet Explorer ( CyberFox )

Website:-  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forum:- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Portable Versions:- Yes & Normal Versions

BUT The Best Thing about this Browser Is that It comes in AMD & Intel Optimised Versions Just 64Bit Versions with a great Forum Support also

AMD Optimised Version [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

INTEL Optimised Version [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PORTABLE Version [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SUPPORT FORUM [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SCREENSHOTS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As you can see You can Design your Home page to a Custom one or Just use your Normal Google Page.
But as I say this is a 64Bit Browser So it's much much faster & Smoother than your Normal 32Bit Browser like Google Chrome.

It is Fast I promise you & the Support Forum is Great Also & If you do join I am a Member there also & I use the Same Screen Name CodeMe.

So This is My alternative replacement for a Browser & I Do Install this on my New ISO Slims made with WinReDucer

I Hope you Guys Like it & Find it a Very Useful & Helpful alternative replacement

P>S
How & Is this suitable for Silent Install ??? If not can you enable the feature for this please. As I only use this & nothing else.
If it already works on Silent. How do I silent install ?

more_horiz
For the browser, I HIGHLY recommend using Chrome. It overtakes Firefox in all kinds of speed tests (except in hard drive consumption: Chrome takes like 300 MB xd).

For audio and video software I HIGHLY recommend VLC Media Player. That thing is an off-road. It supports ALL kinds of audio and video formats, and it works for many other things too (like recording your screen).

I think the Windows Notepad gets the job done, so I don't remove it, haha.

For Office I recommend Google Drive, or the iWork online version. If you want to have an offline suite, then I too recommend LibreOffice.

For Windows Search I recommend a very lightweight, portable app called Everything (link). You should try it. It won't let you down.

I don't use virtual machines Razz

more_horiz
billybully wrote:
For the browser, I HIGHLY recommend using Chrome. It overtakes Firefox in all kinds of speed tests (except in hard drive consumption: Chrome takes like 300 MB xd).

For audio and video software I HIGHLY recommend VLC Media Player. That thing is an off-road. It supports ALL kinds of audio and video formats, and it works for many other things too (like recording your screen).

I think the Windows Notepad gets the job done, so I don't remove it, haha.

For Office I recommend Google Drive, or the iWork online version. If you want to have an offline suite, then I too recommend LibreOffice.

For Windows Search I recommend a very lightweight, portable app called Everything (link). You should try it. It won't let you down.

I don't use virtual machines Razz

No Disrespect Mate..
But I Honestly can not understand why people would even think of using chrome, It's Bloat-ware Big-time.
And not to mention it's only a 32Bit coding. As Most of us these days now use 64bit Rigs.. Chrome is now Out dated & really needs to shape up & move it's ass & get with the times.. As For notepad, Ye it's ok, If you do basic stuff. But for people that have there own websites & do php You can't beat Notepad++ An amazing tool.

more_horiz
Allready using Cyberfox Intel x64bit version and never use others :-) For me it is best browser of all time.

more_horiz
@CodeMe It's true. Chrome does not have a 64-bit version, and yeah, it is kind of bloatware… but Chrome surpasses Firefox (and any of its forks) in all kinds of performance tests. That's enough reasons to use it instead of other browsers (at least for me). Plus, the bloatware problem can be solved. You just have to go to its directory and delete the language files you don't use (like with iTunes). And yeah, Notepad++ is a great tool.

more_horiz
billybully wrote:
@CodeMe It's true. Chrome does not have a 64-bit version, and yeah, it is kind of bloatware… but Chrome surpasses Firefox (and any of its forks) in all kinds of performance tests. That's enough reasons to use it instead of other browsers (at least for me). Plus, the bloatware problem can be solved. You just have to go to its directory and delete the language files you don't use (like with iTunes). And yeah, Notepad++ is a great tool.

Lol that's true mate with being able to configure chrome to not be so heavy.. As for Performance For me it as to be Cyberfox is 64Bit coding & that alone as to be better for performance than any 32bit coding. But each to there own right ?

@[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nice more pal, There intel version is just as good if not better in some ways...

more_horiz
CodeMe wrote:

No Disrespect Mate..
But I Honestly can not understand why people would even think of using chrome, It's Bloat-ware Big-time.
And not to mention it's only a 32Bit coding. As Most of us these days now use 64bit Rigs.. Chrome is now Out dated & really needs to shape up & move it's ass & get with the times.. As For notepad, Ye it's ok, If you do basic stuff. But for people that have there own websites & do php You can't beat Notepad++ An amazing tool.

I have to agree with Notepad++.

I do a lot of PHP coding (2-3 hours a day), and can't do without Notepad++. On topic, much appreciate the applications. I've created a custom WPI Install, hence will certainly apply a few of these.
Cheers.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum