The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionTips for fitting Win8.1.3 onto 1 DVD ?  EmptyTips for fitting Win8.1.3 onto 1 DVD ?

more_horiz
I am using the latest Winreducer and attempting to make an up to date version of Windows 8.1 with all important updates/frameworks etc...  I don't really want to remove anything and keep the build "pure" but i can't do that and fit it on a DVD.   Can ppl please post their tips for getting the size down in the least intrusive way possible? I tried removing languages != english but it still isn't enough.. Sad

descriptionTips for fitting Win8.1.3 onto 1 DVD ?  EmptyRe: Tips for fitting Win8.1.3 onto 1 DVD ?

more_horiz
Take a look at the 8.1 Component Size List and make your selection starting with the largest items that you really don't want, like
All languages except English+US   (1237mb)
Natural Languages   (999 mb)
Windows Recovery Environment  (242mb)

That should be enough.

Code:

http://www.winreducer.net/winreducer-81-size-list-x64.html

descriptionTips for fitting Win8.1.3 onto 1 DVD ?  EmptyRe: Tips for fitting Win8.1.3 onto 1 DVD ?

more_horiz
@brittech:
1.  Thank you!!
2.  Once i remove these parts, will i still be able to make further custom Win8.1.3 builds by running it through Winreducer again?   Or will that screw it up?

more_horiz
The advice is to customize your iso in one run, rather than running WinRed on an already reduced iso (unpredictable results...).
To save time with integrating updates... why not update the iso first, then make a backup of the updated iso and use copies each time you want to customize it, that way you don't have to keep integrating (adding more time), you can just customize...

thanks

more_horiz
also you could use the winsxs cleanup for boot.wim which will save some MB

and like brittech already said (and im doing it too)

1. and untouched clean iso which i update each month with all updates. you shouldnt use any tool on that one.
2. copy that untoched but updated iso
3. use winreducer and customite/remove what you want

if you now update your iso in i.e. 1 month just do the same 3 steps. you could also load the wccf file which winreducer creates at step 3 to use it in 1 month

more_horiz
How do I look at the 8.1 Component Size List?

more_horiz
Here's a LINK
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum