The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionDownload MS updates and implement with DISM manually, before WinReducer EmptyDownload MS updates and implement with DISM manually, before WinReducer

more_horiz
This short guide will explain how to download updates from windows update and apply to your ISO.

First you need to download Windows Updates Downloader.
Install the program.
Then download the update list.
Save that the update list to the install folder of WUD. This is v important, otherwise it wont work..
Double click on the *.ulz and choose to open it with WUD.
Note: you need to double-click on the *.ulz file to associate it with WUD

When you execute WUD, it will show all the updates available and will download the update files to a folder on your hard-drive.

To integrate the updates manually (These are 3 separate commands, you enter in sequence):

Code:

DISM /Mount-Wim /Wimfile:X:\Win8\sources\install.wim /index:1 /MountDir:Y:\MOUNT
Dism /image:Y:\MOUNT /Add-Package /PackagePath:Z:\[Updates /ScratchDir:Z:\Temp\
dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:Y:\MOUNT /commit

X:\Win8\sources\install.wim = location where install.wim is located
Y:\MOUNT = location where image is mounted to
Z:\Temp = temp folder for DISM. You will get 0x80070070 errors otherwise...

The only update you cannot integrate with DISM is KB2771431.

You need the entry /ScratchDir: otherwise you will get errors of type: 0x80070070

More info about the option /ScratchDir here...

Any questions, feel free to post..

descriptionDownload MS updates and implement with DISM manually, before WinReducer EmptyRe: Download MS updates and implement with DISM manually, before WinReducer

more_horiz
i need it so much,thanks!

descriptionDownload MS updates and implement with DISM manually, before WinReducer EmptyRe: Download MS updates and implement with DISM manually, before WinReducer

more_horiz
What I don't understand is that in the program WinReducer 8 there's an option to add Windows updates into your ISO file (Customization tab then the System tab.... section called "Integration" with a check box next to "Updates"). I tried doing that and when I went to go use my image (on a thumb drive to install windows on a machine) it seems to have errors with some of the installation files as its installing Windows 8. I used "Windows Updates Downloader" to download updates. I put all the downloads within one folder and used WinReducer's "Updates" section to point towards that folder with all the updates in it. The windows update files are mostly .MSU files and there are a few .EXE files. Are the .EXE files messing things up or is this the wrong why to add Windows Updates into your ISO. Because this thread makes it sound like you need to use the DISM tool to do it properly... and you have to do it BEFORE using WinReducer?

What I also don't understand are the three DISM commands that you gave. You said that X: represents where the wim file is located. Is that supposed to be from the original Windows 8 disc? Like the iso you would select to make the "extract" folder in your program? Also Y: sounds like its the same thing as X: ..... just mounting it? I also don't understand what command copies the updates into the mounted ISO? Like you give those commands but when looking at them it doesn't make sense which commands grabs the updates and puts it into the ISO file. Like the Z: looks just like a temp folder, not the folder that is storing the updates from windows updates downloader. I'm pretty confused. Crying or Very sad

more_horiz
Это поможет скачать только нужные обновления:
 Download MS updates and implement with DISM manually, before WinReducer 2014-015

more_horiz
Hello,

Do I have to mention that the forum is ONLY in English !?!

Thank you for your understanding.

winterstorm2050
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum