The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] WinReducer  EX-81 - v1.3.7.0  Download Updates  -divide by zero errors Empty[SOLVED] WinReducer EX-81 - v1.3.7.0 Download Updates -divide by zero errors

more_horiz
Hello!

New to the forums, hope this is just something I'm doing wrong.

WinReducer EX81 Premium Edition  V1.3.7.0
  Running on a clean, fully updated Windows 8.1 VM
  Mounting Windows 81 enterprise 64bit iso   just want to slipstreams all the updates and make a "new" iso

Windows ISO file mounts fine.
  Click on the SYSTEM tab, then click on WinReducer Updates Tool
     Updates downloader opens
     Click  X64, then SEARCH
           (windows opens with "Available Updates Catalog:  20 April 2016)
     Windows Updates appears   (there are 299 updates!)
     I select them ALL
     Download starts
         a few download without any problems, then I get this error:

=========================
Tools:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  If you click 
Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  If
you click QUIT, the application will close immediately.

Attempted to divided by zero
=============================

Details are listed below after the **** line

I click CONTINUE and many more downloads happen, but then the error appears again.
The first time I got it 9 times   (out of 299)

I uninstalled, erased all the folders and tried again, this time I got it 10 times.  It did not happen on the same KB files the 2nd time.

I went ahead and created the ISO file but when I use that ISO file on a fresh install the updates were NOT integrated into the build.

Details:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
   at WinReducerEX81.Form_Tools.DownloadProgressChanged(Object sender, DownloadProgressChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadProgressChanged(DownloadProgressChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Net.WebClient.ReportDownloadProgressChanged(Object arg)

description[SOLVED] WinReducer  EX-81 - v1.3.7.0  Download Updates  -divide by zero errors EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer EX-81 - v1.3.7.0 Download Updates -divide by zero errors

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you for your report, this seems to be a bug.

Just an information, you do not need to mount your ISO to download all updates. You may use the "Updates Downloader" tool in "START" -> "TOOLS" -> "Updates Downloader". And maybe you do not need all updates, for example :
- NET Framework 4.5 are not necessary if you select NET Framework 4.6
- In all NET Framework 4.5 and NET Framework 4.6, there are also all languages, so just download the one you need for your language

I will let you know because I do not have this error (just tried with all updates selected).

description[SOLVED] WinReducer  EX-81 - v1.3.7.0  Download Updates  -divide by zero errors EmptyThanks for checking - i figured out my other issue

more_horiz
Still get the divide by zero sometimes when downloading updates but that doesn't seem to be a big problem, I think it only pertains to the "% complete" box and maybe only happens if I already have an update downloaded?

On the other issue, I couldn't figure out why the updates weren't "slipstreaming" into my ISO build.   Turns out this was MY problem, I didn't realize I needed to put the PATH to the updates in the selection  (it's pretty obvious something should go there but I was too worried about the download errors to think about it!)

Thanks again for such a great product.   I'll continue to support your development efforts.

Tom

description[SOLVED] WinReducer  EX-81 - v1.3.7.0  Download Updates  -divide by zero errors EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer EX-81 - v1.3.7.0 Download Updates -divide by zero errors

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you for the report, I will see this in the next builds.

I wish to have a nice day !

more_horiz
SOLVED IN v1.4.1.0 !

Hello,

I discovered whats going wrong, so it should be fixed in v1.4.1.0, which will be available Sunday 08 May
Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum