The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] Windows Defender Remove Empty[IMPLEMENTED] Windows Defender Remove

more_horiz
Have tried a number of WinReducerEX100 versions including v0.7.5.0 but unable to find any way to remove Windows Defender.

It is listed at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so it should be there.

Have looked through all the menus but no luck?

description[IMPLEMENTED] Windows Defender Remove EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Windows Defender Remove

more_horiz
WinreducerEX10 currently on alpha. Check changelog and youll see disabling real time protection is not working as expected. Wait for new releases, may be no way to disable completely windows defender because of deeply integrated structure of windows 10.

description[IMPLEMENTED] Windows Defender Remove EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Windows Defender Remove

more_horiz
I know this sounds a little confusing, however, WinReducer has never "removed" Windows Defender, at least to my knowledge and so your observation is somewhat accurate.  Go to Windows Defender and try to use it or change any of the settings and you will find that it is actually dysfunctional.  This, however, is ONLY true with the more stable Windows 10 1511 build.  If you have the Insider Preview installed then when it goes to install more current updates you can kiss all the changes WREX100 made goodbye.  The bottom line is, for the purposes of testing WREX100 using Insider Previews is not so much a dangerous endeavor, however, be ready for lots of surprises of which they have nothing to do with WREX100. 

Geekster

more_horiz
Hello,

New builds will solve all these troubles for EX-100 in July Wink

I wish you to have a nice day !

more_horiz
The competition ntlite seams to be able to remove windows defender fully, any chance we can get the same functionality?

cheers
Owen

more_horiz
Hello,

In WinReducer, the Windows Defender component cleanup is divided in 2 parts :
- one part in "Modern UI Apps"
- one part in "Services"

Have you removed both components in those categories ? If yes, and you still have troubles, could you please describe me the trouble you experience (and/or provide me your wccf).

Thanks Smile

more_horiz
oh I see I have to mark the service to be removed as well, ups Embarassed

more_horiz
I tried that and Defender was still there in W10.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum