The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducerOS Introduction

+7
canerozdemir
greenworld
Mesen
drew24
nekro666
KrX
winterstorm2050
11 posters

descriptionWinReducerOS Introduction EmptyWinReducerOS Introduction

more_horiz
Hello guys,

As you know, there is a big WinReducer Project, named "WinReducerOS", which will start soon :
WinReducerOS Introduction 001_110

So I created this topic in order to introduce to all of you my vision of the "WinReducerOS", but I also want to discuss with all interested users about all aspects of it because I would like it to be as closed as possible as a perfect Windows operating system customization :

Idea 1 : A WinReduced System (a light Windows operating system created by WinReducer) !
Of course, this will be the smallest system as possible using a WinReducer Micro-Core. For this, I really think that all Modern UI Apps should be removed especially Windows Store ... why this ? Because the most interesting period of all Windows operating system was the Windows XP period ... so keeping this simplicity for the best User Experience with a modern system should be a real interesting challenge !

Idea 2 : The ultimate Windows Operating System customization (Part 1) !
The best part of this project will be this : we will be able to customize all aspect of the system : wallpaper, font, sounds, cursors, color, windows customizations like (transparency or not), ... And for this, your ideas will be much welcomed in order to create a beautiful Windows aspects !

Idea 3 : The ultimate Windows Operating System customization (Part 2) !
There is another level in the Windows customization which has not been exploited since many years ... replacing the Windows "Start Menu" and/or the "Taskbar" ... and I would like to replace it by a more simple way to launch all our software. We will have long discussions about this point in the future !

Idea 4 : The Windows integrated software replacement !
Yes, another great steps will be to replace as much as possible all Windows integrated software ... for example integrate a better video player to replace Windows Media Player or the new Modern UI Apps !

For the moment this is it ... but do not hesitate to discuss about this in this topic, because the Project is launched in his development path :
- what do you think ?
- do you have other ideas ?
- do you have additional suggestions ?

This will be not just a WinReducer Project ... but it will be also a WinReducer Community Project Smile

P.S. : I will upgrade regularly this post to reflect all evolution in this discussion Wink

WinReducerOS Reference Board :

Kind Regards,
winterstorm2050

descriptionWinReducerOS Introduction EmptyRe: WinReducerOS Introduction

more_horiz
so it has begun Wink

i think i will soon start collecting or creating wallpaper, cursors etc Razz

more_horiz
1. As the creator of builds, I can say that the idea about the integrated software, is not very popular. The only thing, so it's worth to integrate RuntimePack Library or Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005-2008-2010-2012-2013-2017 and Net FrameWork
about the interface. I propose to rewrite the message interface with an emphasis on how to flash. That is, all windows become fully Glass with beautiful animation. The same applies to the Start menu. For a sample can be taken Windowblinds, there were legendary theme with animation. I can try to find them
3.To be able to change the text of the welcome sign and shutdown.

Here is a theme about which I spoke, where every action is animated beautifully.
WinReducerOS Introduction Z7902

WinReducerOS Introduction 93313885

WinReducerOS Introduction Z7892

Login and selecting Account

WinReducerOS Introduction 18859173

Login and selecting Account

WinReducerOS Introduction 84948916

more_horiz
i love put my own appz imgre...dlls in ....i cant wait will start on some new themes Very Happy

more_horiz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]....really nice

more_horiz
Although, if you consider all the software integration as a replacement for the standard player or the same IE, i would recommend player: PotPlaer by 7sh3 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or player mpc-be - beta,stable builds [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and browser based on Mozilla: Pale moon - forum: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
Very exciting news! I agree with nekro666 about integrated softwares, no need to integrate media player-browser etc. but .net frameworks and visual redistrutables are essentials.

more_horiz
yes, i agreed only with .net and runtimes, atleast currently no need to replace integrated sofware.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I added in the first post a "WINREDUCEROS REFERENCE BOARD" section, in order to see all ideas in a unique post Smile

more_horiz
I prefer the idea 1.
Windows is getting more bloatware with every single updates and people really starting to need this.

more_horiz
how is the work going? Smile

more_horiz
Hello,

This is progressing slowly at the moment, because I'm working on the "Codename:Revolution" ... please don't worry I will update this as soon as possible.

Have a nice day !

more_horiz
bump?

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes, there are news, please check this website page :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Happy New Year 2019 !

more_horiz
Nice, i saw the teaser video about the OS, on what kernel is it based? Or is it just a "Winblinds" shell?

more_horiz
Hello Straffehendrick Smile

It will work on Win7, Win8.1 and Win10 Smile

Is it similar to "WinBlinds" ? Yes and No ... because this will be something never seen before Wink

A new video teaser will be available on Tuesday 15 January 2019 !

I wish you to have a great day !

more_horiz
The video teaser has be delayed to Monday 21 January 2019 ... and you will have even more information about WinReducerOS Smile

more_horiz
Hello guys Smile

DO NOT MISS THIS NEW VIDEO TEASER (21 22 January 2019) ... BECAUSE IT WILL INTRODUCE THE "WINREDUCEROS" FUNCTIONALITIES !!!!!

bounce

more_horiz
creo que esto es excelente. si ya hacemos varias modificaciones y optimizaciones con winreducer, con mejoras quedarĂ¡ de maravilla.

more_horiz
so, i went to google and went to the winreduceros.com website and it says something about the downloads page being down, and yet, if i click on the download link in google it gives me a guest login password screen... whats up? can you download it or not???

also, if there is a password or something, then what is it???
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum