The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionHost Process for Windows Task EmptyHost Process for Windows Task

more_horiz
Since the last Windows update I have machiens failing one by one.  I've built 50 laptops using my last build and at the moment 5 have this issue with AVG Managed Workplace picking up more today.

As the user logs on they get the message 'Host Process for Windows Task'.  The machine with hang and/or long delays for anything - then in most cases will just black screen.

I'm getting these two errors in AVG Managed Workplace

~ The App Readiness service terminated unexpectedly. 

AND

~ Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80248007: 2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4025342).

They are all running TeamVeiwer and AVG CloudCare yet I can't conect with either.  One by one these machines are having this issue.

#####

Windows Version : Build 15063.rs2._release.170317-1834

descriptionHost Process for Windows Task EmptyRe: Host Process for Windows Task

more_horiz
I've just started up a test Laptop with the last build on there and check the updates.  KB4025342 was installed as I started it up.

Shutting down - taking an age - 'Getting windows Ready | Don't turn off your Computer'

Will run through the install of applications.

~

Have to be honest I've had many issues using this after the initial build.  Long delays on the Start menu or task bar menu - no solution so far so have install 'Classic start' to get round this.

.Net 3.5 issues - although now I have added to the build but now I get registry write problems 

If anybody can shed light on these - bearing in mind I have over 40 laptops now out in the field.

Thanks
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum