The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100 - 1.9.2.0] Add option to move "Users" folder Empty[EX-100 - 1.9.2.0] Add option to move "Users" folder

more_horiz
Would it be possible to add an option to the System -> System Folders tab that allows you to move the entire Users folder.

This folder can be moved by adding the following to AutoUnattend.xml

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
  <settings pass="oobeSystem">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="NonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
      <FolderLocations>
        <ProfilesDirectory>D:\Users</ProfilesDirectory>
      </FolderLocations>
    </component>
  </settings>
</unattend>

description[EX-100 - 1.9.2.0] Add option to move "Users" folder EmptyRe: [EX-100 - 1.9.2.0] Add option to move "Users" folder

more_horiz
hello,

what i would like to know is if the folder "Users" on D:\ will be created during installation or do you need to create it before yourself?

description[EX-100 - 1.9.2.0] Add option to move "Users" folder EmptyRe: [EX-100 - 1.9.2.0] Add option to move "Users" folder

more_horiz
The Users folder is created during installation.

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes, this will be added in future builds Wink

Just for the record, I look at this option few weeks ago ... but as it seems it breaks some stuff I delayed it because :
Microsoft wrote:
- We don’t recommend using this setting, except perhaps in a test environment.
- When this setting is changed, Microsoft Store apps are not supported.
- Using drives other than the system drive:
. Use this setting to move the user-profile folder (typically %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Users) to another location during deployment. The destination path can be on a volume other than the system drive, as long as it meets the following requirements:
. It must be on an NTFS volume.
. It can’t point to a drive that has a different copy of Windows on it.

Beginning with Windows 10, OS upgrades are supported even if user profiles have been redirected to another drive. For example, if you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 with ProfilesDirectory set to D:\, you can upgrade to Windows 10.
However, this is not supported when using push-button reset.

This setting can be used to keep system data separate from user data. If Windows is re-installed on the system volume, a user with administrative rights can manually recover data from this location.

Source : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you very much for your request Smile

I wish you to have a nice day !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum