The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[HOW TO] Integrate .Net Framework 3.5 in Windows 8 using WinReducer 8 or command line Empty[HOW TO] Integrate .Net Framework 3.5 in Windows 8 using WinReducer 8 or command line

more_horiz
* MANUAL INSTALLATION :

0)
Make sure that you have a new customized ISO with WinReducer v0.55

1) Open "cmd.exe" as an administrator (right click on the bottom left of your screen)

2) Copy/paste this in your cmd window :

DISM /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /source:"%YOUR_SXS_PATH%" /LimitAccess

==> Just replace %YOUR_SXS_PATH% by your original ISO sxs folder (Keep quotes if you use space in the path name) ... You could find it in your Windows 8 Original Genuine ISO in "x:\sources\sxs" (where x is the letter of your cdrom)

* INTEGRATE NET FRAMEWORK USING WINREDUCER :

1) Launch WinReducer v0.55 (open, mount ...)

2) Go to "Customization - System" tab

3) In the "Integration" part (top of the GUI), and check it to choose your original ISO sxs folder (You could find it in your Windows 8 Original Genuine ISO in "x:\sources\sxs" (where x is the letter of your cdrom)) :
[HOW TO] Integrate .Net Framework 3.5 in Windows 8 using WinReducer 8 or command line Netfra10

REVISION 1.00 (25.07.2013)

winterstorm2050

description[HOW TO] Integrate .Net Framework 3.5 in Windows 8 using WinReducer 8 or command line EmptyRe: [HOW TO] Integrate .Net Framework 3.5 in Windows 8 using WinReducer 8 or command line

more_horiz
I use the Winreduce Method but that dont work for me

description[HOW TO] Integrate .Net Framework 3.5 in Windows 8 using WinReducer 8 or command line EmptyRe: [HOW TO] Integrate .Net Framework 3.5 in Windows 8 using WinReducer 8 or command line

more_horiz
Just a tip for those using the manual installation.

I kept getting the error:

Code:

Error: 0x800f081f
The source files could not be found.

So I tried removing the parameter /LimitAccess and it worked ok. I dont understand why this worked, because from the MS page, it says that "/LimitAccess prevents DISM from contacting Windows Update."

But removing that allowed it to install correctly...

So this is the command I used:

Code:

DISM /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /source:"%YOUR_SXS_PATH%"

more_horiz
Will directing this to
C:\winreducer100_x64\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer\sources\sxs
work?

I also have the full file .NET 3.5 exe.

-G

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes, it should do the trick, at least, if all necessary files are present Wink

But you may also use the integrated WinReducer functionality :
- Mount an untouched ISO
- WinReducer will automatically copy the necessary files from your ISO, in a dedicated folder "..\WinReducerEX81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\Framework35" (x86 or x64 folder depending on your ISO architecture).
- Then use the "..." button in the "System - Integrate - Net Framework 3.5" tab, and immediately hit "OK" button to automatically select the correct folder
- Finally use the "APPLY" button

I wish you to have a nice day !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum