The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionUpdate integration should be changed I think EmptyUpdate integration should be changed I think

more_horiz
I do not understand the way Winreducer integrates updates. It happens at the very end of the procedure, so that the integration of a CU could add stuff I just reduced. The result is a useless ISO.

That's why I integrate updates in two steps: First I produce an updated ISO and then I reduce it. But why does it have to be so cumbersome? It should be like this:

1. If selected: Update integration (not NetFX3).

2. If "cleanup updates" ist seleced: Dism /Image:...\WinReducerEX100_x64\WORK\MOUNT\TEMP_Windows /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

3. If selected: NetFX3 integration.

4. All the rest.

Am I missing a reason why that's not possible?

descriptionUpdate integration should be changed I think EmptyRe: Update integration should be changed I think

more_horiz
hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can be wrong , but i think Windows will not istall Updates if a part of code is missing.
That is why cumulative Updates do not install if one item of the cumulative update
is removed., because items are checked.

I always remove all useless items = Stage 1
then  i Update = Stage 2
Then I clean WinSxS etc = Stage 3
So Stage 1 is always the same except when Windows O.S or Winreducer version changes,
and this sava a lot  of time  because updating  is about 12 items
and  Cleaning  about 6 items.
Removing  items in my case is about 1300 items

icy

descriptionUpdate integration should be changed I think EmptyRe: Update integration should be changed I think

more_horiz
i think Windows will not istall Updates if a part of code is missing.

That's why I don't understand, that Update integration isn't the first step.

more_horiz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When all items are updated  then the old versions are stored somewhere in WinSxS
The old versions that  are stored can be cleaned at the end of the Winreducer process
In your case  titems are removed ,but also he stored old versions of the new updated  items
that were removed need  to be cleaned,
This is doubling the work  to clean the WinSxS & this is unnessary  supplemental cleaning

icy
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum