The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description"Protect Windows Features" results in increased ISO size Empty"Protect Windows Features" results in increased ISO size

more_horiz
with "Protect Windows Features" ENABLED the ISO size is 3.56GB

with "Protect Windows Features" DISABLED the ISO size is 2.19GB
*the WinSxS folder size is greatly affected by this

I need to enable "Protect Windows Features" for Direct Play to function, is there any workaround to enabling Direct Play without having to Protect Windows Features?

description"Protect Windows Features" results in increased ISO size EmptyRe: "Protect Windows Features" results in increased ISO size

more_horiz
Hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
No need for Direct Play 
Chromium clones play most streaming vids
VLC,Cherryplayer & many others do
Make a bleuprint from working & not working items
You can not expect that taking away here & there items your iso will work.
it took me years to master Winreducer

icy

description"Protect Windows Features" results in increased ISO size EmptyRe: "Protect Windows Features" results in increased ISO size

more_horiz
I need Direct Play for games like Age of Empires II to work

I've already found all the missing .dll's and added them to the Temp_Windows, and now this is the last problem that needs to be solved for games like Age of Empires to work

I was just wondering if there was a manual way to enable / install Direct Play without "Feature Protection"

more_horiz
Hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

Do not delete Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 in Features

icy

more_horiz
Hi PolisP,

as mentioned in your DirectPlay topic - this should be fixed. In any case you can disable the protection and still activate the feature Direct Play. In the latest version of WinReducer you are now able to see the protected compontents if you hover your mouse over the protections in the presets tab. Smile

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
In the latest version of WinReducer ?

more_horiz
Hello lebuda,

yes simply download the latest version (3.1.0.0) from the homepage and try to activate DirectPlay. This is working just fine for me.

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
hauser.markus wrote:
Hi PolisP,

as mentioned in your DirectPlay topic - this should be fixed. In any case you can disable the protection and still activate the feature Direct Play. In the latest version of WinReducer you are now able to see the protected compontents if you hover your mouse over the protections in the presets tab. Smile

Best regards,
Markus

no, still the menu is empty

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
Hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
what You can try is
=== to disable the preset  Use EXPERT Optimizations  you can do it manually i Optomations  before compiling
===  in  Optimizations >>  Net Framework  >>  EXPERT >> only Use  ''Net Framework'' Light Cleanup
Control both items before compiling

icy
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum