The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionIntegrating Programs and Drivers into Winreducer EX-100 v2.3.8.0 EmptyIntegrating Programs and Drivers into Winreducer EX-100 v2.3.8.0

more_horiz
Hi,

My HD started to have problems and I bought an SSD, as I do not want several Windows programs: Defender, App's unnecessary, etc ...
I would like to know if I can integrate all the programs I installed and their drivers into Winreducer.

It would be like making a clone of the Windows system that I have on the HD for the customized Windows.

There is a program, Macrium Reflect, that does the cloning, but that is not what I want because it will also copy Windows programs that 
I do not want to install.

Note: Since the programs I installed make changes to the Windows registry (regedit), can this Windows registry also be integrated into
Winreducer?

Winreducer EX-100 v2.3.8.0
Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.900

thank you
Clamarc

descriptionIntegrating Programs and Drivers into Winreducer EX-100 v2.3.8.0 EmptyRe: Integrating Programs and Drivers into Winreducer EX-100 v2.3.8.0

more_horiz
Hi  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

With Bootit Bare Metal You can make a backup of your Windows  and restore this anywhere onto a bootable drive,
so why making it difficult when you can do it the easy way

icy

descriptionIntegrating Programs and Drivers into Winreducer EX-100 v2.3.8.0 EmptyRe: Integrating Programs and Drivers into Winreducer EX-100 v2.3.8.0

more_horiz
Hi  Clamarc and icy ,

there are lots of software like Macrium Reflect,  Acronis true image,  Paragon Hard Disk Manager ,that can clone, backup and restore windows image to a particular or another PC,
but unfortunately these software's cant make a bootable ISO from existing Windows installation .

there is way in audit mode .....

Custom your image and sysprep it oobe and generalize option  and shutdown computer option.

Then reboot your computer with winpe and capture the image with DISM command.

Another way of capture windows images for deployment is using The Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT ).

but these are very a difficult process for me  Mad

So , still searching a suitable sofware that can 
Create Windows 10 ISO image from Existing Installation........................

Thanks...........

more_horiz
Hi Banic

Bootit Bare Metal makes 4 partitions on a  MBR  , all 4 are bootable when restoring a saved working O.S
 Bootit Bare Metal makes 8 partitions on a EMBR , an Extended EMBR , not Compatible with Microsoft MBR , all 8 are bootable when restoring a saved working O.S

in  Bootit Bare Metal  more HD & SSD are visible , same procedure.
I use this more than 10 years ,
This is my way to test Wireduced isos in real mode, no need to use a virtual machine,,
i have always 2 or 3 partitions to boot off, 1 partition is data or program commun to the 2 or 3  partition i can boot
my isos are cleaner as i removed all virtual items.
as i said  why making it difficult when you can do it the easy way

icy

more_horiz
banik wrote:
Hi  Clamarc and icy ,

there is way in audit mode .....

Custom your image and sysprep it oobe and generalize option  and shutdown computer option.

Hi banik,

Do you have a tutorial on how to do this through the dism command?

Thank you
Clamarc

more_horiz
icy007 wrote:
Hi Banic

Bootit Bare Metal makes 4 partitions...  

Hi yce007,

Does this software give me the option to remove the programs I don't want from my current system? ... what I need is to create an ISO of my current system and then use it on winreducer to customize it without losing the installed programs and not just cloning my system! ... maybe I didn't understand your explanation!

thank you
Clamarc

more_horiz

Removing program you du via  Control Panel >  Programs and Features
Or Use Revouninstaller or analog program
If the program to remove is not in Programs and Features or Revouninstaller,
then You delete  his program and clean the registry, but there could be leftovers

You can create an iso of your current system,but Winreduce it will not work because
to winreduce an iso you need an untouched original iso from Microsoft

It is always better to install  program after booting,that way you can see if there are errors
and easely uninstall it

With Bootit You can clone any installed O.S , be it Windows,Linux etc and
install it elswere and boot it

A wonder program does not exist, most must be donr by You wilth the help of the needed programs 

In short Bootit can clone,compress and save any working  OS  and restore it onto any bootable partition
This can be usefull to test isos, restart a computer when crashed and no way to restart it,
also after a virus infection it can restore it free of viruses

It is up to you to try it ,my job is done

icy

more_horiz
Hi Clamarc

Create Windows 10 ISO image from Existing Installation

Google it ,
You will get a lot of tutorial on how to do this through the dism command .
but all those are little bit sketchy and tiresome.
Let me know your project.

more_horiz
icy007 wrote:

Removing program you du via  Control Pane...

hi yce,

I will try the two alternatives suggested: by you and also the one suggested by banik.

Regarding your suggestion, the programs that I want to remove are, for the most part, the windows app programs that I don't use. Ex: Windows Store, xbox apps, windows defender, edge, etc ...

As I have an HD with a free partition, I will clone the system on this HD to be able to test without having to use a virtual machine, ok?

thank you
Clamarc

more_horiz
banik wrote:

Let me know your project.

hi banik,

Explaining my situation:
For a few months, my system has been booting slowly. Right after the BIOS boot up to the user's screen, it is taking 5 min to show on the user's screen. After the user screen, the system is normal without slowness.

After countless attempts to find which drive is causing the slowdown, I decided to install Windows again using an iso to customize it and already install it without the Windows apps I don't use.

I happen to have a lot of third-party programs installed and I didn't want to have to install all of them again! ... so I asked if winreducer had the option to integrate my programs and drives in the iso image, you know?

If winreducer can't do that, then I thought of the solution to create an iso of my current system in order to be able to recreate my custom system and fix the problem of slow boot.

thank you
Clamarc

more_horiz
Hi Clamarc,

please , Read this article to speed up booting time of your system https://www.ccleaner.com/news/blog/why-your-pc-is-so-slow-and-how-you-can-speed-it-up
And as i said before me too still searching a suitable software or a way that can 
create Windows 10 ISO image from Existing Installation. 
Hope , winterstrom2050 will help us to achieve it .
Thanks.................................

more_horiz
Hi Clamarc,

there are thwo ways to integrate applications into a winreduced ISO. In System/WinreducerPostInstallation you find both: OEM an OOBE. I prefer to integrate a OEM folder and start installations with a SetupComplete.cmd script. A lot of setups supports a silent setup.

There is a disadvantage with both ways: You might not have the newest versions of your programs unless you maintain your scripts regulary. Therfore I prefer a third method for some programs that should be always up-to-date, e.g. the browser. But this does not intregrate the programs into the ISO but facilitates the installation.  I described it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
Hanyo wrote:
Hi Clamarc,

there are thwo ways to integrate applications into a winreduced ISO. In System/WinreducerPostInstallation you find both: OEM an OOBE. I prefer to integrate a OEM folder and start installations with a SetupComplete.cmd script. A lot of setups supports a silent setup.

Therfore I prefer a third method for some programs that should be always up-to-date, e.g. the browser. But this does not intregrate the programs into the ISO but facilitates the installation.  I described it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi Hanyio,

In the first two suggestions, where is the SetupComplete.cmd script so that I can adapt it to my use?

In the third suggestion, I was unable to open the address: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to download.
It does not load the page in my Chrome browser. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

Note: Even so, if it can't be integrated, then it doesn't seem to be of much use to my case, or did I misunderstand what you suggested??

thank you

more_horiz
Hi Clamarc,

the possibilities of the OEM folder are very diverse and require training. Please google for it and familiarize yourself, it is worth it! (e.g. https://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/the-oem-folder/).

As for the third possibility, I have explained it in detail in the thread. If you are interested, I will gladly upload the sample file again somewhere else.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum