The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100 - v2.4.4.0] Implement a Feature to Preconfigure Every Setting in Windows Empty[EX-100 - v2.4.4.0] Implement a Feature to Preconfigure Every Setting in Windows

more_horiz
It would be nice to have access to every (or at least a whole lot more of the) setting in Windows in Winreducer so that you do not have to change all the hundreds of settings in Windows to you liking every time you reinstall Windows. All settings in the old Control Panel and in the new modern Settings would be the dream. Or maybe even better, an easy way to import only the current settings you have on your current installation directly into Winreducer so that you do not even have to go through them all once again. Another little "bonus setting" I would like to implement is being able to pick driver letters so that your hard drives have the right letter right when you first start. However, this feature I'm unsure is even possible to implement.

description[EX-100 - v2.4.4.0] Implement a Feature to Preconfigure Every Setting in Windows EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.4.4.0] Implement a Feature to Preconfigure Every Setting in Windows

more_horiz
hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I do it this way :
I make notes of  every item that stays in the different section below
Presets
Appearance
Features
Remover
 Accessories
 Control Panels
 Drivers
 Fonts
Boot Fonts
Arial
Candara
Consolas
Fixedsys Normal
Fixedsys System
Marlet
MS Gothic
MS Serif
MS Sans Serif
Segoe MDL2 Assets
Segoe Script
Segoe UI Symbol
 Keyboards
 Languages
 Modern UI Apps
 Multimedia
 Network
 Privacy
 Settings
 Themes
 Tweaks
Services
System
  EXPERIMENTAL
Unattended
Finish 
Next time you check everything in those  section one by one
then you uncheck everything you decided not to remove in each section, you noted them
DONE !!
it takes me between 10 & 15 minutes to make a new iso if the Winreducer version changed items.
if Winreducer did not change items then load your former xccf and make changes

icy

description[EX-100 - v2.4.4.0] Implement a Feature to Preconfigure Every Setting in Windows EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.4.4.0] Implement a Feature to Preconfigure Every Setting in Windows

more_horiz
Hello Joppy,

Thank you very much for your ideas :
- the import/export configuration from "Settings" app seems an excellent idea ... I haven't searched about that, but I will.
- the HDD drives letters scheme can be saved, I already tested such option with my own computer, but I have to narrow down the possible consequences of this implementation

I've added your requests in my ToDo list Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum