The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionDoes updating to Windows 8.1 bring back removed components? EmptyDoes updating to Windows 8.1 bring back removed components?

more_horiz
Does updating to Windows 8.1 bring back removed components from Windows 8, via WinReducer 8?

descriptionDoes updating to Windows 8.1 bring back removed components? EmptyRe: Does updating to Windows 8.1 bring back removed components?

more_horiz
Hey,

This is an excellent question, but I do not have any idea about the result of this command. I should stay that's not a good idea to try in this way and could be achieved with many errors. Perhaps, it should be a good idea to have a report about this ... Wink

descriptionDoes updating to Windows 8.1 bring back removed components? EmptyRe: Does updating to Windows 8.1 bring back removed components?

more_horiz
buzz87 wrote:
Does updating to Windows 8.1 bring back removed components from Windows 8, via WinReducer 8?
I would assume It does.

You are upgrading, hence all the components should also be Included In the upgrade.
As Winter mentioned, It's not wise to perform this.

more_horiz
Well, i did it and it worked without any problems. However, i can't tell what exactly was overwritten and what wasn't. For example, in Windows 8 I had all Metro apps removed, except Store. Upgrading to Windows 8.1 did not reinstall the default metro apps (which is great).
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum