The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] snipping tool & sticky notes shortcut missing Empty[SOLVED] snipping tool & sticky notes shortcut missing

more_horiz
hey winter,

i realized that after using winreducer (i dont exactly know what component is causing it), the shortcuts at Start are missing.

The *.exe files are still all present at system32, and when i start them everything works.

EDIT: both programs dont work !

EDIT2: never mind the first edit. both programs work only shortcuts are missing !!!

description[SOLVED] snipping tool & sticky notes shortcut missing EmptyRe: [SOLVED] snipping tool & sticky notes shortcut missing

more_horiz
Hello,

I've just tried and ... it worked for me, all shortcuts are presents in the start menu !

Regards.

winterstorm2050

description[SOLVED] snipping tool & sticky notes shortcut missing EmptyRe: [SOLVED] snipping tool & sticky notes shortcut missing

more_horiz
hmm ok,

i will try testing it again when i have time and try to find whats causing the problem for me

more_horiz
i got it:

EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup

is causing it.

I checked it and winreducer just removed files from windows\winsxs but still the shortcut disappear

both shortcuts are normally stored here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

more_horiz
tested it again. and just to mention it.

starting both exe files from system32 is working. only the shortcuts are missing after using ONLY EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup (install.wim) from an clean/untouched iso

more_horiz
just to get it at the right topic too:

hey winter, i maybe found somthing interesting about the problem with snipping tool and sticky notes.
when i install from an untouched iso those 2 shortcuts are at

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

but when i check the .wim file at 

ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

those shortcuts are missing.

i would say that during installation or after they are created by a batch or registry

EDIT: and something breakes that when using the expert option

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
ah i found the manifestfile (i hope and think)

amd64_microsoft-windows-snippingtool-app_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_f5b8f3d6a353fa89.manifest

<shortCut arguments="" destinationPath="$(runtime.StartMenu)\Programs\Accessories" destinationName="Snipping Tool.lnk" targetPath="$(runtime.system32)\SnippingTool.exe" iconPath="$(runtime.system32)\SnippingTool.exe,0" windowStyle="normal" description="@%SystemRoot%\System32\SnippingTool.exe,-15052" displayResource="$(runtime.system32)\SnippingTool.exe,15051" />

that fixed the problem:

KrX wrote:
ok winter i tested it and only those 2 files are needed:

amd64_microsoft-windows-stickynotes-app_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_493ba8a4d2fc9697.manifest
amd64_microsoft-windows-snippingtool-app_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_f5b8f3d6a353fa89.manifest

after moving them to the manifest folder and installing my iso (with expert - winsxs folder option) the shortcuts are present and working Wink

more_horiz
Finally solved Wink

more_horiz
Hey guys!

This thread needs to be reopened becaues in [EX-70 - v1.8.6.0][6.1.7601] snipping tool is missing once again. Just to note, I saw a similar thread for EX100 and winter closed it over there so maybe with the long awaited updated of EX70 1.9.x.x it is already working, but if someone of the VIP's could please check this?

All the best and kind regards,
Markus
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum