The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionVIDEO TUTORIAL how to use a batchfile to reduce boot.wim EmptyVIDEO TUTORIAL how to use a batchfile to reduce boot.wim

more_horiz
Hey all,

i made a video tutorial so you can see how to reduce the size of your boot.wim file

you need the following tools:

Notepad ++ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gimagex [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

my ROOT.bat file (or use one batch file of someone else)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Registry Tweak - Take Control:

Language Code: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

for the compression:

VIDEO TUTORIAL how to use a batchfile to reduce boot.wim Adl3n6dy

1 is your reduced boot.wim
2. set a new bootname i.e. boot1.wim
3. set compression to MAX
4. click EXPORT

dont forget to set the IMAGE to index 2 if you didnt remove RECOVERY

after that delete the old boot.wim, and rename the new boot1.wim to boot.wim

and here is the VIDEO:

whole text from the video:

Spoiler :

descriptionVIDEO TUTORIAL how to use a batchfile to reduce boot.wim EmptyRe: VIDEO TUTORIAL how to use a batchfile to reduce boot.wim

more_horiz
VIDEO IS STILL UPLOADING

its at the moment at 57% maybe another 30 minutes !!

descriptionVIDEO TUTORIAL how to use a batchfile to reduce boot.wim EmptyRe: VIDEO TUTORIAL how to use a batchfile to reduce boot.wim

more_horiz
Hey KrX,

A WONDERFUL WORK ... thank you very much for sharing this with us my friend !

Very Happy

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey KrX,

A WONDERFUL WORK ... thank you very much for sharing this with us my friend !

Very Happy

no problem Wink

video is uploaded !!!!

i also reuploaded the root.bat so all keyboard language files, NLS Files and drivers will be kept so hopefully we will get some more working boot.wim files

more_horiz
so after some problems because youtube made the video only private, it is now public !!!

just the resolution sux... 360p ?? i uploaded a HD video...

more_horiz
watching it now in 480p, that's excellent !

more_horiz
Nice car in wallpaper ... is it yours ?
lol!

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Nice car in wallpaper ... is it yours ?
lol!

no its not my car xD it would be nice if Razz im driving an Mercedes A-Class Pimped xD

so managed to change it to 720P

more_horiz
That's normal for a German guy ... Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
That's normal for a German guy ... Wink

haha Razz

more_horiz
FOR HELP OR REPORTING BUGS POST HERE:

more_horiz
Why do we need Notepad++ instead of default Notepad?

How to change the language code exactly, cause not clear in the uploaded video?

Thanx
KLASHINKOV

more_horiz
KLASHINKOV wrote:
Why do we need Notepad++ instead of default Notepad?

How to change the language code exactly, cause not clear in the uploaded video?

Thanx
KLASHINKOV

i only use Notepad++ so i dont know if Notepad is able to replace all text with the same Name

-----

for the language code:

go to this page :

and look for your language i.e for me German. than you will see:

[th]Locale[/th][th]            Language           code[/th][th]     LCIDstring[/th][th]LCIDDecimal[/th][th]LCIDHexadecimal[/th][th]Codepage[/th]
German - Germany de          de-de     1031        407             1252

so now you look at the LCID string, for me its "de-DE" (for english us its en-us and so on)

and now you (at Notepad++) you replace all text "de-DE" (de-DE is written at my Batch file) with your language code

more_horiz
links not work

more_horiz
amer7 wrote:
links not work

hi,

i have updated the download links.

but this batch file was meant for windows 7, but i will update it soon to work with win10. the only thing you need to be aware is that it was used for an german iso so all other languages are removed (you need to change that for your language)

it could also be that winter integrated a lot of files from this batch into winreducer.

when i have updated this batch to work with win10 i will post it again here

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
amer7 wrote:
links not work

hi,

i have updated the download links.

but this batch file was meant for windows 7, but i will update it soon to work with win10. the only thing you need to be aware is that it was used for an german iso so all other languages are removed (you need to change that for your language)

it could also be that winter integrated a lot of files from this batch into winreducer.

when i have updated this batch to work with win10 i will post it again here

my iso

Windows 7 ULTIMATE 32-bit Service Pack 1

winreducer program size to save boot.wim to 127MB

more_horiz
amer7 wrote:
my iso

ok that should work. but like i said you will need to test it a could of times and you will need to keep some files which the batch removes.

for me that batch file removes a lot of files and the boot.wim is 49.4mb big

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
amer7 wrote:
my iso

ok that should work. but like i said you will need to test it a could of times and you will need to keep some files which the batch removes.

for me that batch file removes a lot of files and the boot.wim is 49.4mb big

Is there a batch file removes and the boot.wim is 80MB or 70MB

more_horiz
well, imo, it's better to put TakeControl into batch.. icacls...
second point is.. some new hardware wont take boot.wim from w7, it asks for new usb3 drivers, so we may start reducing boot.wim from w10 or w8..
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum