The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] Intuitive workflow and/or button tooltips Empty[IMPLEMENTED] Intuitive workflow and/or button tooltips

more_horiz
I am struggeling to get WinReducer 8.1 to even do the most basic thing I want, which is making a customized image with the serial number pre-entered and to install (or when possible even slipstream) another language pack, and finally compile a new ISO.
Reason I am struggeling is because many WR81 forms have a big button on the bottom of the screen as well as on the top of the screen. Hoovering your mouse over it makes the cursor change from an arrow to a hand and must therefor be a clickable item with a function. However none of these buttons (apart from the bottom ones) actually have a function, so what's with the top buttons?
In my opinion if these buttons on top of the page have no specific function, they should look differently and not suggest that it's a clickable item with a function (remove cursor animation).
Apart from my opinion on what buttons should do or look like, it would be nice if every button had a tooltip with a brief explanation of what clicking that button accomplishes.
Finding my way around WR81 is quite doable upto the moment where I proceed to the FINISH section. I would like to compile a new ISO image, but no matter which option I pick here, I never end up with anything (visible). Again, when going to the WIM/ISO settings screen, I am all confused about the ISO button on top and the SAVE button at the button. Which one should I click??? Guess I am kinda missing a good tutorial/help page or intuitive GUI.

description[IMPLEMENTED] Intuitive workflow and/or button tooltips EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Intuitive workflow and/or button tooltips

more_horiz
Hello and welcome muldereric,

I'm actually preparing all Tutorials subjects, so you done right to post a request ... so yes, there will be soon improvements in this path, and especially tutorials to help you use WinReducer in the best way ... Wink

Thank you very much for your report !

description[IMPLEMENTED] Intuitive workflow and/or button tooltips EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Intuitive workflow and/or button tooltips

more_horiz
Thank you for the warm welcome!
I finally figured out how the buttons on top of the forms need to be used. Something I didn't notice until I tried it again at work was the small white border appearing around the last button I clicked, and then the penny dropped for me! I feel stupid it took me hours to realize it's just a selection button! Maybe it's because you use click buttons as well as radio buttons on a single form to make selections. Seeing one kind of selection type automatically makes you think all selection buttons are like that. Perhaps include some text and make the white border around the selection button a bit thicker so it is popping out more!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum