The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.31 - When switching WinReducer Themes get font error for certain themes Empty[ANSWERED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.31 - When switching WinReducer Themes get font error for certain themes

more_horiz
Environment: Fresh Install in Vmware, Win 8.1 Enterprise x64

Procedure: Options > Themes > Pull Down > Select A Theme

If the selected theme is one of the following:

• Baroque
  • Dark Side
  • Deep Sky
  • Ferrari
  • Milk
  • Reborn

This error is produced:

[ANSWERED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.31 - When switching WinReducer Themes get font error for certain themes RpleKIi

I am guessing you need to perform a /silent install of the required font or something.  Obviously this is not a big deal, just thought I would report it.

description[ANSWERED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.31 - When switching WinReducer Themes get font error for certain themes EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.31 - When switching WinReducer Themes get font error for certain themes

more_horiz
Hello extremereducer,

When I created this WinReducer functionality, I've thought that it should be better to inform you that the necessary font is not available and let you get the full control on what you want to do.

Thanks for the feedback !

description[ANSWERED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.31 - When switching WinReducer Themes get font error for certain themes EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.31 - When switching WinReducer Themes get font error for certain themes

more_horiz
That's cool, in that case the message box should at least tell you what the missing font is.  As is, the message box is useless to the end user.

It should say.. "its missing XYZ font", and maybe even "Would you like to install it now?

I don't really plan on using this feature, but if that was your intention, that's just my suggestion.

Cheers.

Edit: Oh, I see.. I never read the message fully. It's a generic solution. To copy fonts from the font folder. Never mind.  I guess it just didn't seem to to be the best way to implement it.

more_horiz
Hey,

No, this is an excellent suggestion and I like it .. Maybe I will add this in later builds !

Thank you very much !

Cheers.

more_horiz
MOVED TO "WINREDUCER 8.1 HELP" FORUM !

Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum