The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Missing "updates" button. Empty[SOLVED] Missing "updates" button.

more_horiz
I have installed the software on both a windows VM's 7 X64 Pro machine and a Windows 8.1 X64 VM.  Both installations seem to have the same problem.  The are missing the Updates Icon/button that allows you to download all the updates and integrate them into the ISO.  Am I doing something wrong? or is this a bug as you can see I'm using WinReducer 7.0 v 3.16 with other versions of the software everything is working as expected.  Any help is appreciated.

description[SOLVED] Missing "updates" button. EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Missing "updates" button.

more_horiz
Hello,

Unfortunately, no windows Updates Downloader tool is available for WinReducer 7.0 ... only WinReducer 8.1/10.0 will have Updates Downloader tool !

Have a good day !

description[SOLVED] Missing "updates" button. EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Missing "updates" button.

more_horiz
First day / time user / poster

I would like to suggest that maybe you should edit the HowTo.pdf that comes with WinReducer7.0.  It shows that there should be an Update button in the tools menu. Since this is true, the PDF is misleading.

Thanks for all your time and effort.

more_horiz
hi, because winterstorm is managing the update downloader tool by himself its only available for winreducer 8.1 (and winreducer 10 when its officially released)

so you are right about the how to pdf. it should be edited so that its clear that the update tool is only abvailable on winreducer 8.1 for now and not for winreducer 7

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I'm agree that could disturb for some people, but to avoid that I've added in bottom of the page 2 :

Code:

→IMPORTANT NOTICE
The general design and functionnalities, presented in this HowTo, may differ to the Graphical User Interface in the future builds and could be subject to changes without explicit notifications

And you knows in few weeks, maybe a new Update Downloader functionality for WinReducer 7.0 will be available ... Wink

Have a good day !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum