The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionUnable To Find RT Seven Lite Configuration File=Lastsession1.inf EmptyUnable To Find RT Seven Lite Configuration File=Lastsession1.inf

more_horiz
I hava installed RT7Lite on my windows7 x86 sp1,and also WAIK,when I use winreducer mount official iso image,show this dialog box:
"Unable To Find RT Seven Lite Configuration File=Lastsession1.inf"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
How to resolve this problem?please help Wink

descriptionUnable To Find RT Seven Lite Configuration File=Lastsession1.inf EmptyRe: Unable To Find RT Seven Lite Configuration File=Lastsession1.inf

more_horiz
Hi!

I have the exact same problem. RT7lite 1.7.0 and Windows AIK is installed.
I even copied the "Lastsession.inf" into the Winreducer directory.

Maybe someone knows what to do ... please? Smile

descriptionUnable To Find RT Seven Lite Configuration File=Lastsession1.inf EmptyRe: Unable To Find RT Seven Lite Configuration File=Lastsession1.inf

more_horiz
Hello,

Did you place "Lastsession1.inf" in the right folder ?

"C:\Program Files\Rockers Team\RT 7 Lite x86\Preset" (or maybe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockers Team\RT 7 Lite x86\Preset")

If folder "Preset" doesn't exist, you'll have to create it.

WARNING :

When you copy this, this replace the preset with the same name if it exists in the folder.

If you want you can do a copy of the folder elsewhere in your HDD

PS : you need to name your lastsession like this "LastsessionX.inf" (where X is a number)

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
What does RT7 Lite have to do with this?

more_horiz
In fact, you need to reduce the first time your Windows 7 ISO with RT7-Lite (by bensam56) and only after you could use WinReducer 7 - v1.01.215 to improve the ISO reducing

EDIT : WinReducer v2 will not required RT7-Lite anymore. But it's an pre-alpha so do not try it for the moment ...

more_horiz
WinReducer v2 will not required RT7-Lite anymore. 
Can't wait. Using two different programs and a then one or two more 'helpers' is a bit much. Great if you can grasp all of that and keep things straight, but many can't including myself and I have been twiddling for going on 14 years now with this abortion of a O/S called W7 is the absolute worst.

The guy that designed nLite, now RT7 Lite and yourself should be praised for all of your work, time and efforts, but it's disheartening that there isn't more complete documentation available.
Many steps are not so obvious and more so,
when there is a delay in the program due to the process at the time, (the 1st step for RT7 where there is no feedback provided telling the user that the program is working) the user is wondering if the program responded or is locked up.
Similar is a certain process taking a longer than expected time to complete. You aren't sure if you did something wrong or what.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
PS : you need to name your lastsession like this "LastsessionX.inf" (where X is a number)
I now have a lastsession1.inf, but now it complains about a missing lastsession.inf.

more_horiz
Because lastsession1.inf needs to be used in rt7-lite (1st step) and lastsession.inf is available in your iso once created by rt7-lite. ONLY after you could use WinReducer v1.xx (2nd step) ...

more_horiz
So this means that I still need RT7 Lite to generate lastsession.inf, correct?

more_horiz
Yes, you need to reduce your ISO like this :
- 1st using RT7-Lite
- 2nd improve cleanup with WinReducer v1.xx

more_horiz
Okay, as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ist down: where can I wind the latest version of RT7 Lite?

more_horiz
Read this post and follow the link provided in it using instructions in the post :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

descriptionUnable To Find RT Seven Lite Configuration File=Lastsession1.inf EmptySolution for me...

more_horiz
Hi, can anyone try this?
put this "Lastsession.inf" file into the Win7 dir path where are the original files.
and try loading Reducer again.

more_horiz
Question:

When I perform a rt7lite session my lastsession.inf is located in the OS directory I worked on.  When reducer asks me for the *.inf I set it to that OS directory.  And it loads up but at the end there is an error message about something .net.  But I get the "next" button at the bottom to proceed.

Did that work correctly ?  Or is the ONLY place winreducer can find the lastsession.inf is in the default rt7lite preset directory ?  BTW my rt7lite install is in a different directory than default.

TY

more_horiz
hey

you can load your .inf file from any location.

Also the "error" message about net framework, is not an error it probably asks you if you want to remove net framework or not

but it doesnt matter what you click YES/NO it should work

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Yes, you need to reduce your ISO like this :
- 1st using RT7-Lite
- 2nd improve cleanup with WinReducer v1.xx

I was doing some practice work with rt7lite / winreducer combo slimming tonight.

Something I'm unclear about:
-  I'm doing a relatively safe slim down of windows 7 pro 64.  So Ive only removed some of the major items like languages, speech, narrator, some drivers, and other items, but no where near an advanced slim, probably not even a 1/4 of a safe slim.  After rt7lite, i fire up winreducer, but when looking at the options I am unlcear if winreducer automatically will clean up what I have done as somethings are checked already and I hit next.  Or is I'm supposed to hit the "select all" button and let winreducer do it automatically ?  It uses the last session I'm assuming for my changes.

So... Am I supposed to go through all the menus manually and item by item determine if they are applicable at this point ?  Or do I just hit next and winreducer will clean up automatically my changes from the lastsession.inf ?

TY
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum