The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionTask Manager becomes disabled EmptyTask Manager becomes disabled

more_horiz
I had this happen with nearly every build I did and there is a very simple fix for it luckily.  If you happen to try and invoke the Task Manager and you get the error  "The system administrator has disabled the task manager".  Of course I laughed because I was logged on as the System Administrator and no I did not disable it so the computer lies.  Well, ok so whats new right?  For some odd reason there is a DWORD in the registry next to the entries labeled DisableTaskMgr" and the DWORD should be set to:  dword:00000000   Somehow the DWORD is being flagged as dword:00000001 and yes just that little "1" can ruin your whole day  haha 
So I am in hopes that WinterStorm will so kind as to make sure that DWORD gets set properly somewhere along the way when creating a build.

Steve

descriptionTask Manager becomes disabled EmptyRe: Task Manager becomes disabled

more_horiz
Hello,

Are you using the administrator account or the user account with administrator rights ?

Have you tried to use the "Unattended" tab to activate a user name with the administrator account ?

Thank you very much for the report Smile

descriptionTask Manager becomes disabled EmptyRe: Task Manager becomes disabled

more_horiz
Actually I was logged as just a normal user when it first came to my attention.  And then of course I logged on under Administrator and it still does it.  And I will try your suggestion with the Unattended tab and let you know how that goes.

Thanks,

Steve
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum