The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionCreation of ISO to a USB Flash Drive EmptyCreation of ISO to a USB Flash Drive

more_horiz
I don't really know if this is a bug or something I am doing wrong but it drives me crazy and I always forget to post it here.  It's strange but sometimes checking the box to send the WIM to USB works and sometimes it doesn't.  I did notice it works more often but again, not always if I wait until after it has finalized the build and then it wants to know what I want to do from there.  Surely with USB flash drives being far more popular than DVD's so it seems that someone else knows anything about this. 

There are some things like that ISO/WIM setting and the setting under PRESETS for Optimize ISO Size are lost.  And if you set everything up to create a WIM to your USB flash drive and then leave the FINISH page for ANY reason whatsoever, those settings are lost.  So now I will be checking those settings if I have to make last minute changes and see if maybe that's the problem.  Rolling Eyes

Thanks.

Geekster aka Steve

descriptionCreation of ISO to a USB Flash Drive EmptyRe: Creation of ISO to a USB Flash Drive

more_horiz
Since there has not been a fix to this problem as of yet that I am aware of I have some good news of a workaround solution I have found thanks to the design of WinReducer itself.  I learned that when you use the "Folder" option to read from a directory where you have an extraction of the ISO you are working with, that ultimately the build that is created is written right back to that same directory.  So I have taken advantage of that and have put the extraction I am working with on a USB flash drive and then read that into WinReducer and when the build is done it gets written right back to the USB flash drive and I am ready for the install. 

For the time being this is working out really nice and hope it helps anyone else that has had problems with builds being created on their USB flash drives.

Geekster

descriptionCreation of ISO to a USB Flash Drive EmptyRe: Creation of ISO to a USB Flash Drive

more_horiz
Hello,

Thanks for the report .. and I've noted this in my ToDo list Smile

more_horiz
Thanks WinterStorm and also I forgot until I just saw this again after creating another build the file boot_temp.wim does not always get renamed to boot.wim.  I don't know if there is a reason for this or if it is indeed a bug.  And how does it effect the build if it is a bug?  It doesn't do it on every build but most of them.  Sometimes it does get renamed. When it doesn't I have been renaming it myself and I hope that is ok? 

Geekster

more_horiz
i can confirm still such an problem. i tried to save it into an iso and transfer it to my usb, it even says installation files are detected. but the wim files arent copied to my usb, at my first try wven the iso was not created.

***** 12.10.2019 15:45:43 - SESSION OPENED *****
INFO : WinReducer ---> EX-100 [v2.2.8.0 (x64)]
INFO : Mounting -----> START  = 12.10.2019 15:50:46
INFO : Mounting -----> START  = Folder Mode
INFO : Mounting -----> FINISH = 12.10.2019 15:52:04
INFO : Configuring --> START  = 12.10.2019 15:52:42
INFO : Configuring --> START  = Windows Edition [Windows 10.0 Professional (x64) (de-DE)]
INFO : Configuring --> START  = Windows Build [10.0.18362.388 (rs6_release)]
INFO : Configuring --> START  = Preset File Loaded [None]
INFO : Configuring --> START  = CPU Thread(s) [4]
INFO : Configuring --> START  = Removing Speed Profile [Onyx]
15:52:50 ==> "Remove - Modern UI Apps - Sticky Notes"
15:52:55 ==> "Optimizations - Windows - Registry Optimizer"
INFO : Configuring --> FINISH = 12.10.2019 15:53:14
INFO : Exporting ----> START  = 12.10.2019 15:53:14
INFO : Exporting ----> START  = WCCF File Backup [WinReducerEX100_2019.10.12-15.54.39.wccf]
INFO : Exporting ----> START  = ISO Mode [C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\WinReducerEX100_x64\WORK\ISO\WinReducerEX100.iso]
INFO : Exporting ----> FINISH = ISO Size [1890328 Kb]
INFO : Exporting ----> FINISH = 12.10.2019 15:54:50
***** 12.10.2019 15:54:51 - SESSION CLOSED *****

i tried it even with save to wim:

<Element Category="WinReducer Options" Name="ISO File Creator (Save in a WIM File)" Selected="true" Folder="C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\WinReducerEX100_x64\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer" SplitSize="" UEFIBoot="BIOS" FolderTransfert="D:\" />
    <Element Category="WinReducer Options" Name="ISO File Creator (Save in an ISO File)" Selected="false" Folder="" ISOName="" ISOLabel="" UEFIBoot="" />

<Element Category="WinReducer Options" Name="ISO File Creator (Save in a WIM File)" Selected="false" Folder="C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\WinReducerEX100_x64\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer" SplitSize="" UEFIBoot="BIOS" FolderTransfert="D:\" />
    <Element Category="WinReducer Options" Name="ISO File Creator (Save in an ISO File)" Selected="true" Folder="C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\WinReducerEX100_x64\WORK\ISO" ISOName="WinReducerEX100" ISOLabel="WREX100" UEFIBoot="BIOS" />

Creation of ISO to a USB Flash Drive Unbena15

more_horiz
Hi Guys
I always save my work in an iso.
then i use yumi to set the iso onto a multiboot usb created by Yumi.
i can set  8 isos onto a 16 Gb Usb Flash and install each of them.
it is so simple to do, i already told this, but nobody is doing it.

icy

more_horiz
Hello,
this report is old, does this problem still happen?
If there is no new info, or no other gut this problem, i will close this bug report on the end of the week.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum