The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionESD Converter Aborts with Error After 10 Seconds EmptyESD Converter Aborts with Error After 10 Seconds

more_horiz
I tried to ran ESD Converter both under Win 7 and Win 10 to convert a Windows 10 WIM file. In both instances however, Converter aborts the process after a maximum of 10 seconds and deletes the wim file (if checked in the program). Any ideas about this? I initially thought this was a Win 7 issue but when it reoccurred under windows 10, I felt the need of asking here.

Thanx in advance.

descriptionESD Converter Aborts with Error After 10 Seconds EmptyRe: ESD Converter Aborts with Error After 10 Seconds

more_horiz
Hello,

Are you using a multi architecture ISO which have both x86 and x64 architecture on it ?

descriptionESD Converter Aborts with Error After 10 Seconds EmptyRe: ESD Converter Aborts with Error After 10 Seconds

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Are you using a multi architecture ISO which have both x86 and x64 architecture on it ?

No winter, whether x86 or 64, always the same architecture.

more_horiz
Ok, could you please tell me which ISO are you using ?

more_horiz
Winter, sorry for the late reply, here it is:
ESD Converter Aborts with Error After 10 Seconds Iso11

more_horiz
Hello,

No problem ... Smile

That's weird, it should work ... please tell me if :
- you are using the latest version available in the website ?
- which conversion are you trying to execute ("wim to esd" or "esd to wim", ...) ?

That's for your report.

more_horiz
Hello winter,

1) Yes, I always download software from the website before I do anything so that I can be sure it's indeed the latest. I only store wcf files for future use (for reducer editions surely:))
2) The process is "wim to esd" after running WinReducer and restarting my computer to avoid any interferences. I should nevertheless say that using the "wim" file generated by WinReducer, the installation progresses smoothly without errors. 
3) Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I cannot diagnose it Smile

more_horiz
About your trouble, I've tried with an untouched ISO (it worked), and also with only 1 edition in a customized ISO (it worked). So, maybe something else, perhaps in your system, may interfere with the process.

You may try to change the folder location of your customized wim (= move it in another location).

About your point 2):
In EX-100, you may obtain almost the same final size result, as an esd file, with the option "Optimizations - ISO - Compression Mode" with the "Recovery" value, which is available in the "Finish" tab Wink
--> Your file will still be a wim, but which will be compressed using the esd compression algorithm (to reduce size).
--> It also has the advantage to be automatically done during your customization process Smile

Please let me know.

EDIT : Have you try with an original (=untouched) ISO ?

more_horiz
No Winter, I've never attempted with an Original Untouched ISO. I'll give it a try at a convenient time and surely inform you about the outcome.
One question by the way, what's compression algorithm that creates difference between wim and esd? Are they all 7zip with different ratios?  Just out of curiosity Smile

Cheers...

more_horiz
OK, sounds good Smile

There is no mystery about "Recovery" compression algorithm ... it has been introduced by Microsoft, since Windows 8.1(.3), if I remember correctly, at the same time as the ESD file format.

But I'm not able to tell you more about the algorithm itself, because it reaches my domain skills limits Wink

more_horiz
When I try this compression I was assuming Maximum is the maximum but now I now that Recovery is the Maximorum ...
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum