The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

[CLOSED] Do you like Windows 8 ?

+3
sefas
seiferflo
winterstorm2050
7 posters

pollDo you like Windows 8 ?

Yes
24%
No
6%
If yes, for speed
25%
If yes, for stability
12%
if yes, for functions
8%
if yes, for customizing it with WinReducer
25%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

description[CLOSED] Do you like Windows 8 ? Empty[CLOSED] Do you like Windows 8 ?

more_horiz
I'm curious to know this result ... Because personally, I really like the OS for it's speed, stability among many other things ... So I answered "YES" to the poll ..  Wink

description[CLOSED] Do you like Windows 8 ? EmptyRe: [CLOSED] Do you like Windows 8 ?

more_horiz
I like the "If yes because we can customize it with WinR" Cool
I agree it's brilliant, efficient and smooth, however I'm more interested in speed.
I didn't vote stability, yet I should have. It's indeed very stable in terms of crash and all, however after months of usage, I feel I have more problem with Win8 than I had with Win7. It's not major stuff, but some details of weird behaviour. It was quite intense after the preview, but new drivers changed that. Still some programs don't respond properly and I feel it is because of all the improvements on battery life for laptop which has been brought to Win8, which actually cause problems, especially with audio (huge DPC latency).
I'd be interested in knowing what you plan to do with this survey (curiosity).

description[CLOSED] Do you like Windows 8 ? EmptyRe: [CLOSED] Do you like Windows 8 ?

more_horiz
Hey seiferflo,

I think that with each new Windows OSes there is a transition period for software and hardware, so I don't understand why this period is not better anticipated by all major computers actors. This was the case with Windows 95, Vista, 7 and now 8 ... Maybe one day they will learn to have a better user friendly launching ...

No problem, I'm glad to say that all these surveys will help me to know exactly what all WinReducer users like the most, and I could tell that :

You like Windows 8 when it's reduced with WinReducer (Wink) because it becomes faster and you want to keep some functionalities like Internet Explorer, Paint, Search ... And it seems that you don't want to start directly to Desktop (avoid MetroUI)...

Or maybe the truth is out there ... Laughing

more_horiz
if yes, for customizing it with WinReducer thanks

more_horiz
Windows 8 What can I say  !!

I Bloody Love it, It's the Best OS Microsoft as ever done in my Book..

BUT! it still Needs work.. User's should get Install options Or clean Up options to Delete all the Crap we know we would never use or need.
I love the fact we have a much cleaner & Smoother GUI. But for advanced users it's still to Heavy & could do with a little more work..

more_horiz
Curiously, I have choose to write a review for my English classes about Windows 8. I'm not going to post the entire thing here (700~800 words) but the short version is:

Good Points:
- Speed.
- Stability.

Bad points:
- Interface.
- Features missing (basic games, gadgets)

Observations:
- Innovation is good, but shouldn't be mandatory (When Ms released XP and changed the Start Menu, there was a 'Use Classic Menu' option which would really be loved in windows 8.
- .net framework 3.5 should be installed by default. If MS needed to make the OS lighter, they should have taken off Speech, Tape, Dial-Up Modem, and Virtualization support from default install.
- I still miss the advanced install feature (since 98), letting you choose what you wanted in your OS (you could choose to have no wordpad!) why do they took that off! It worked!

more_horiz
Phsmu wrote:
- I still miss the advanced install feature (since 98), letting you choose what you wanted in your OS (you could choose to have no wordpad!) why do they took that off! It worked!

Wow, I didn't know that even existed, haha. Damn, that feature would be so good to have now.

more_horiz
billybully wrote:
Phsmu wrote:
Wow, I didn't know that even existed, haha. Damn, that feature would be so good to have now.

I Know Right.. There must of been a few people Expressing there Sorrow over the loss of this amazing feature..

I know I'd pay extra for an OS that give us the ability to Install Just what we need..cheers

more_horiz
Win 2k & XP were the best O/S's M$ made. & and especially 8 just plain suck from a GUI standpoint.

more_horiz
videobruce wrote:
Win 2k & XP were the best O/S's M$ made. & and especially 8 just plain suck from a GUI standpoint.

I Know right.. If Only Windows 8 add the same Install Options N maybe a few more like the old OS then it'll be a HIt :)Well Bigger..

more_horiz
No, but how/where does one vote??

If I wanted a toy interface I would but a so called smart phone. Long live Win 2000's interface.

more_horiz
Thank you guys !

Poll closed.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum