The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

[SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs

5 posters

description[SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs - Page 2 EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
Mvp77 wrote:

You can see my config file (zippyshare.com/v/r9BNUxvr/file.html).
I don't think it's particularly extreme.

so if i create an iso with your config and i insall it, after that i start winreducer on that windows it shouldnt work? (with the newest version of winreducer)

if yes i would try if i get the same result.

As I said, I installed Windows 7 HomePremium 64-bit (downloaded from Microsoft) into VM.
I logged in Audit Mode, installed WinReducer and created an image with my preset file.
Then I installed this image in VM again.
Portable apps don't work (VLC for example).
Maybe some apps don't work in Audit Mode, but VLC (like other apps) doesn't work even after creating a user account.
MMC snap-ins don't work (they do in the original OS).
I don't know what is the problem.
Maybe the cleanup?

description[SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs - Page 2 EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs

more_horiz
ok, i will try it when i got some time, i will first try it with my iso win7 ProN x64 german if that works (and it should because i dont got this problem) i would like to try your iso file, so maybe you could send me a link to that file

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
ok, i will try it when i got some time, i will first try it with my iso win7 ProN x64 german if that works (and it should because i dont got this problem) i would like to try your iso file, so maybe you could send me a link to that file

Ok I send you the links in PM.

more_horiz
I finally found the setting that caused me all those problems (Winreducer errors, portable apps not starting, MMC snap-ins not working, etc.).
It is the "EXPERT - Net Framework Complete Cleanup".
DON'T use it.

P.S.
I didn't test the "Light Cleanup".

more_horiz
Mvp77 wrote:
And now, I'm seeing some strange things... many apps (CCEnhancer, WinToolkit, etc.) don't run at all!!

i tried your iso and wanted to start winreducer and wintoolkit. wintoolkit didnt start and winreducer got an error.

but it seems to happen because you removed net framework

<Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - Net Framework Complete Cleanup" Selected="true" />

you should deselect this and select the Light Cleanup

but after installing Serebys AIO package :
https://www.sereby.org/site/downloads/All%20in%20One%20Runtimes

which installs net framework, winreducer worked but wintoolkit not, probably something was missing.

so like i said on top dont use the complete cleanup, and your apps should work.

about your winreducer config load problem, i didnt get this problem with greyed out features/service tab. not in my main os and also not with your iso

more_horiz
Mvp77 wrote:
I finally found the setting that caused me all those problems (Winreducer errors, portable apps not starting, MMC snap-ins not working, etc.).
It is the "EXPERT - Net Framework Complete Cleanup".
DON'T use it.

P.S.
I didn't test the "Light Cleanup".

haha same result a couple of minutes ago Razz

i use the light cleanup without any problem

more_horiz
Ok, but there's still a bit of confusion...
I didn't remove NetFx 3.5 and I have the important files protection set on active.
I thought the cleanup was for unneeded files... not important ones. Smile
So the Light Cleanup is the safe one.

more_horiz
Mvp77 wrote:
Ok, but there's still a bit of confusion...
I didn't remove NetFx 3.5 and I have the important files protection set on active.
I thought the cleanup was for unneeded files... not important ones. Smile
So the Light Cleanup is the safe one.

yes. like the complete cleanup sounds, it removed net framework completely Wink

more_horiz
Laughing Ok, but it doesn't make sense... nothing works.

more_horiz
Hey Mvp77!

Do you still have these kind of troubles with the lastest version of WinReducerEX-70?

All the best,
Markus

more_horiz
I didn't use that option anymore.
Clearly it is an experimental thing, because many essentials apps don't work after the netfx full cleanup.

more_horiz
Ok thanks for the reply!

more_horiz
SOLVED in v1.8.5.0 !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum