The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Some quick notes, etc. Empty[SOLVED] Some quick notes, etc.

more_horiz
As you may have noticed I haven't had the time that I usually do during the Winter months to get on here and write like I am used to doing.  I just wanted to let Winterstorm know that I have been keeping up with all the updated versions of WREX100 and I love how things are shaping up.  There are so many nice improvements and want to thank him very much for all of them.  And it's also nice that I have not run into any bugs or I would have been on here writing about them.  So yes, my silence is golden   lol!

I do have a question, however, about a problem I have run into.  I have been trying to get OneDrive to work and have tried adding it back in under Network and that didn't work and so I removed it again and then tried the OneDrive standalone version and didn't get it to work either.  So I am suspecting that I have broken it by removing something else.  Anyone got some clues as to what is necessary to get it work?  If not, it really is no big deal because I have been using a new bit of software that has come about and I wanted to share that with everyone anyways.  If you have a lot of cloud based services you will love this because you don't have to have a seperate piece of software for all your clouds.  It's called ODrive and you can read more about it at  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have my Amazon Drive, Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox, AWS, Box all linked together.  It creates a folder that looks much like OneDrive's folder in Explorer and you can move data around from cloud to cloud and set up sharing on all of them if you like.  The possibilities with ODrive are endless and it's quickly growing and so far it's free and if you want syncing capabilities then they want a small fee every year for that service.  It's also nice that they have a client for both Windows and Linux so far and I can't wait for them to have an Android client as well.

Geekster

description[SOLVED] Some quick notes, etc. EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Some quick notes, etc.

more_horiz
hey,

what do you mean with it does not work? i.e for that standalone? do you get an error or something?

i remove a lot of stuff via winreducer and also one drive is removed.

today i updated my installed win10 build 14342 via windows updates to 14361 and onedrive was back and it works without problems (when i loged in into my hotmail account)

description[SOLVED] Some quick notes, etc. EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Some quick notes, etc.

more_horiz
Thanks for wanting a more detailed picture.  Next time I try OneDrive I will take a snapshot for you.  That does sound a bit vague, however, I usually have been removing OneDrive.  But now I am using OneDrive and so I thought I would add it back in with WREX100 to see if I could get it to work.  When I tried it,  It never logs me on to OneDrive.  And if I click on Personal Account it brings up a modern UI screen that says Loading and just sits there like it's in a loop waiting on something?   A full moon perhaps    lol   I should back up and add that I did install the full version of Windows 10 without it being Win Reduced first and OneDrive works just fine.  But then when I try to use it after running Win Reducer on the same build that I installed it just doesn't work and like I was saying I think it's trying to find something I have removed.  I would think that instead it would give me an error with something more specific but we are talking about Windows 10 and we all know how mysterious it is already.

Geekster

P.S.  For those who haven't tried out OneDrive, Microsoft has a really nice deal if you can't afford to buy Office upfront.  You can download and get Office plus 1TB of storage for $6.99 a month (6 euros and 18 cents) according to my Amazon Echo 5 seconds ago.  haha

more_horiz
hmm thats really odd.

in case here is my wccf file:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

maybe its an preset i did use or something else, maybe it can help if you compare my with your wccf file.

i will do soon some tests with win10 so i will get a better look on this

more_horiz
Thank you very much KrX for trying to help.  I think you got my problem a little backwards tho   haha   I have been able to get rid of OneDrive all along but now I was trying to get OneDrive to work and have had no luck.  But now the problem has changed again since there is a bug in WREX100.  And so I'm having to do a build with an older version that works right.  I couldn't get the version just prior to the current 0.7.5.0 because ummmmmm One Drive where the archives of the previous versions won't let me download   lol   I don't think this was my best day to log on here and try to get much done.  Oh well, that's the price we pay for testing software, right?  Razz

I have lots of faith in Winter and he'll have all the above running like a boss so it's a good time to make a fresh pot of coffee while a new build is being cranked out with WREX100 v0.6.6.0.

Oh yes and one last thank you to Sir Hen ry himself for all them great tools he shared with us and that I downloaded.  They can rip all that Modern UI stuff right outta Windows 10 in the twinkling of an eye so I got to test it out and DWS works like a boss too   haha

Geekster

description[SOLVED] Some quick notes, etc. EmptyRemoving Edge BREAKS OneDrive

more_horiz
So, finally after reading someone's post on here about how much they are liking Edge, I thought I would try it and some other Modern UI's out such as the calendar and calculator.  In the process I found out something very interesting.  All the madness I was having with OneDrive not working right was due to the fact that removing Edge breaks OneDrive!!  So you can note that wherever you wish.  What I also found out in the process as well is that Edge is nothing like any other browser to be sure  haha    It's not bad, however, it does take awhile to figure out just how to use it.  I will stick with Firefox  Rolling Eyes

The Geekster

more_horiz
Geekster wrote:
All the madness I was having with OneDrive not working right was due to the fact that removing Edge breaks OneDrive!! 

thats some nice finding

more_horiz
Hello,

I'be noted this in my ToDo list, thank you very much for sharing your discovery Smile

I wish you to have a nice day !

more_horiz
like you posted here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this bug doesnt happen if you keep "edge engine"

so i will move this post to the BUG - Solved forum
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum