The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :( EmptyWinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :(

more_horiz
I use Win7/64 with Intel CPU

Winreducer crash right on the start with 32 bits and 64 bits version. scratch
WinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :( JtAykXr

Here's what the event viewer throw:

WinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :( R3IGp8I
Regards ! Cool

descriptionWinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :( EmptyRe: WinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :(

more_horiz
PLEASE REFORMAT YOUR TITLE ACCORDING TO THE NEW TOPICS FORUM RULES (available in red color on top of all new topics creation) :

Could you please respect these instructions for your report :

- "Bugs" : use the "BUGS" forum section for your software
- "Help" : use "HELP" forum section for your software
- "Request" : use "REQUESTS" forum section for your software

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Very Happy

descriptionWinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :( EmptyRe: WinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :(

more_horiz
Hello,

Have you install Net Framework 4.5.2 ?

Her is the link : http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=42642

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Have you install Net Framework 4.5.2 ?

Her is the link : http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=42642

Oui Il était installé car j'en ai besoin pour d'autres logiciels et je l'ai même complétement désinstallé et réinstallé et rien n'a changé. j'ai les mêmes erreurs Crying or Very sad

WinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :( GoRoVRt

WinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :( L0Mk2sy

WinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :( Ek4bqMr

Les copies d'écran ont été faites avec ShareX qui utilise le .net 4.x

As-tu une idée de ce que ça peut être ? scratch

Salutations du Québec rendeer

more_horiz
Hello,

Sorry, but this is an English forum Wink

It seems to be a font trouble ... do you have the "Segoe UI" font installed in your system ?

If you do not have it, 3 choices are available :
- install the "Segoe UI" in your system
- if you have a valid WinReducer Edition, you are able to change it manually by one in your system, by modifying the value "Font" in the file "..\HOME\THEMES\Default\Theme.xml"
- disable the theme support, and use the performance mode by modifying the value "Theme" in the file "..\HOME\SOFTWARE\WinReducerEX70.xml" (just leave the value blank = just delete the word "Default")

Let me know the result Smile

P.S. : Bonjour de France Smile ... peux-tu s'il te plait modifier le titre de ton post comme mentionné dans mon précédent messsage. Merci par avance Wink

more_horiz
Sorry I did not se your first message.

Segoe UI fonts are already installed --->

WinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :( VrxEeqN

.\HOME\THEMES\Default\Theme.xml" is empty since I have the standard version.

.\HOME\SOFTWARE\WinReducerEX70.xml only have a .ico file WinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :( Tg7cq5m

My guess is maybe in the last release there is some files or folders that are missing from the package scratch

Thanks for your help ! Wink

more_horiz
Please re-download the entire package from the website and extract it in a new location then relaunch it without modifying anything in the folders.

The 1st time you start WinReducer you need the "\HOME\THEMES\Default" theme to be present, this is only after you correctly install the software that you are able to disable the theme support.

P.S. : thank you for your post title Smile

more_horiz
There is no XML file in the SOFTWARE folder:

WinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :( 55awzaF

I even changed the fonts to "Arial" in the XML THEME config file but with the same results. Mad

Regards

more_horiz
I don't think this is a WinReducer bug ... according to your description, it should work.

I'm using Windows 8.1.3 (updated to with September updates) and it worked with x86 and x64 versions with the website zip installation packages.

I see in your screenshot that you are not using aero theme, is there any reason ? And why there are icons on the left of the classic title bar icons (reduce, maximize and close buttons) ?

You try to create a virtual machine with virtualbox or vmware player, install a clean Windows system, and launch winreducer from it to see if that solves your trouble.

Or eventually reinstall windows 7 sp1 with an unmodifed ISO.

more_horiz
I work in IT and my computer is fine, it's definitely a bug, it's not because it work on some set-up that there is no bug in a software alien

I see in your screenshot that you are not using aero theme, is there any reason ?

Because I don't like it and use 4 monitors so I keep everything fluid and barebone.

why there are icons on the left of the classic title bar icons (reduce, maximize and close buttons) ?

Because I use 4 monitors and need to manage it efficiently when I program so I use Active Window Manager since many years.

reinstall windows 7 sp1 with an unmodifed ISO.

Your assumption is false, my Windows 7 pro 64 (SP1) is not modified in any way, it was installed with the retail ISO Win7/64/SP1

I don't say and never said "winreducer" did not work on other setup than mine, I just say that on mine it did not work and it's the only software that don't work, after testing the .net framework we know also that .net is not the problem.

Here's the log of Process Monitor if you want to look at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bb7ownu3x3hnbp5/LogfileWinReducer.zip

You need ProcMon to see it correctly: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx

Regards Cool

more_horiz
Hello,

Mikhoul wrote:
I work in IT and my computer is fine, it's definitely a bug, it's not because it work on some set-up that there is no bug in a software alien
I don't say and never said "winreducer" did not work on other setup than mine, I just say that on mine it did not work and it's the only software that don't work, after testing the .net framework we know also that .net is not the problem.

Don't worry I'm trying to constantly solve all WinReducer bugs, and I'm agree with you that sometimes on certain configuration there are troubles. Don't tell Microsoft about the Windows 10 installation boot loop Wink

So I've tried to find a way to reproduce the bug, but without success ...

I installed a Windows 7 SP1 x64 (with all october 2016 updates) in a virtual machine, then download and install net framework 4.6.2, and download the EX-81 x64 zip package from the website (extract and launch) ... and it worked as it should.

Have you checked the downloaded zip package sha1 value which is available in the EX-81 website download page ?

Do you have the file "msvcr120.dll" in the same folder as the "WinReducerEX81.exe" ?

more_horiz

Have you checked the downloaded zip package sha1 value which is available in the EX-81 website download page ?

Do you have the file "msvcr120.dll" in the same folder as the "WinReducerEX81.exe" ?

Yes the package is fine and msvcr120.dll is there, I tried on my backup laptop with Win7/x64 almost the same config/softwares and it work but it's not a big surprise that it work since it must be a rare bug since all my other software work.

Right now I'm trying to parse the log file from ProcMon to see if I can see some clue.

I know Win 10 is terrible that's why I will stay with Win7 till the end, so many bugs in Win10 it feel like an Alpha experimental Release cyclops .

Try to take a look at the procmon log file I think you will be better than me to find the "culprit" since you know what your software must do or not so it will be more easy to see what happen. Wink

more_horiz
The problem is "there" and it seem "something" with the .net framework

WinReducer EX-81 - v1.6.1.0 - Crash on the start :( Y4skTsF
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum