The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionInstability with both Windows 10 Version 1607 OS build 14393.447 and Version 1511 build 10586.164 EmptyInstability with both Windows 10 Version 1607 OS build 14393.447 and Version 1511 build 10586.164

more_horiz
If you remember reading my post from a couple of weeks ago [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where I said I was off and running to test the newest version of WREX100.  And I have run into more headaches and one of them I came here to see if anyone has even reported and was disappointed it's not even mentioned on here as far as I can tell.

Since it has been very rare (for me) to get a good build out of Windows 10 v 1607, I finally pretty much gave up (never happened) and decided I would be brilliant and download again the latest version put out by Microsoft.  And so then I proceeded to do yet another build from this ISO I downloaded.  And wow I actually got a good build with WREX100.  But I noticed the install looked more like a 1511 install and so after looking more closely, sure enough Microsoft, instead of fixing their broken 1607 they rolled back to 1511.  And for the time being I figured that was just fine since I did have something to work with again.  Yeah, for all of about 10 minutes before the Windows Update decided to run and installed the latest and greatest Windows 10 V 1607 Windows Feature update as they call it.  And so basically what their wonderful feature update does is TOTALLY undoes EVERYTHING that I just got removing with WREX100 and so be advised don't waste your time trying to do a build with any version of 1511 UNLESS you are smart enough to turn off windows updating which of course these days you can't just turn off with the flick of a light switch.  DWS lite once again with all its nifty features will do that quite nicely for you.

So now back to the drawing board folks because as Winter and KRX will tell you, no matter how stupid it gets around here, I am NOT one to give up on anything especially if it, he, her is winning.   HAHA  So right now I am running another build with the latest and greatest WRE100 with Windows Insider Client x64-en-us_14965.  And it's 75% done as we speak.  And then I will be back to report on how that goes.  Windows 10 and again this is for my own experience has been nothing but one big nightmare since they went from Build 1511 to Build 1607.  And it has absolutely nothing to do with WREX100 and so I'm sure it's frustrating too for anyone else getting that infinite install loop and lately the big blue RESTART screen.  So trust me if this doesn't work I will be right back here telling you all about it.  Or maybe time for another bottle of that French wine  lol!  Hey I do gotta think positive about all this stuff or it never works.  Razz

The Geekster

descriptionInstability with both Windows 10 Version 1607 OS build 14393.447 and Version 1511 build 10586.164 EmptyRe: Instability with both Windows 10 Version 1607 OS build 14393.447 and Version 1511 build 10586.164

more_horiz
Geekster wrote:
Yeah, for all of about 10 minutes before the Windows Update decided to run and installed the latest and greatest Windows 10 V 1607 Windows Feature update as they call it.  And so basically what their wonderful feature update does is TOTALLY undoes EVERYTHING that I just got removing with WREX100 and so be advised don't waste your time trying to do a build with any version of 1511 UNLESS you are smart enough to turn off windows updating which of course these days you can't just turn off with the flick of a light switch.

thats also one thing why i remove windows updates, especially because im in the inside program and it "destory" my windows 10 build each time -.-'

for now im using win10 ProN 14393.351 x64 and it works for me. i could find nearly all bugs that happen for me when using winreducer but winterstorm is fixing them nicely

descriptionInstability with both Windows 10 Version 1607 OS build 14393.447 and Version 1511 build 10586.164 EmptyRe: Instability with both Windows 10 Version 1607 OS build 14393.447 and Version 1511 build 10586.164

more_horiz
Thanks very much KrX for you helpful feedback.  After running yet another build on the latest Windows Insider and attempting to install it from a USB stick to a empty SSD I got that blue screen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This is what Dell has to say about this error, however, I checked everything that applies and still get the BSOD.

PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

This stop code means the system tried to access a nonexistent piece of memory, almost always due to:

• A driver trying to access a page of memory that is not present
  • A system service (ex. virus scanner) failing in an exceptional way
  • Faulty or incorrectly seated memory
  • Corrupted data on the hard drive

Use the Windows Debugger to pinpoint the exact cause of these errors.
Things to check

1. If the Blue Screen error mentions a driver or library file, figure out what driver or program the file is a part of and either upgrade to the latest version or uninstall the driver or program.
  2. If the error happens during the startup process, try booting to the Last Known Good Configuration.
  3. If the error started appearing after a program or driver was installed, uninstall that program or driver.
  4. Try running a full hard drive and memory diagnostic after reseating the memory and hard drive data cables.

So I am off and running to go look for a copy of Windows 10 ProN 14393.351 x64 and see if my luck changes with that.  Certainly doesn't hurt at this point cuz I sure don't wanna be rolling back to Windows 8.1  haha

The Geekster

more_horiz
I had totally forgotten that I can't put the Windows 10 Pro version on either of my computers since it was never activated.  So now I'm not sure what to do at this point.  Other than going back to Windows 8.1, does anyone have any suggestions on what version of Windows 10 I should try next.  Windows 10, Versions 1511 and 1607 are out of the question for the time being until such time that WinterStorm catches up with Microsot.

The Geekster
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum