The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] EX-100 1.0.13 Windows Defender issues Empty[SOLVED] EX-100 1.0.13 Windows Defender issues

more_horiz
Trying remove IE 11 and Windows Defender in current WRSEB continue the same problem that was in previous versions.
If remove Features Internet Explorer 11
Not start Immersive Control Panel.
Not start Control Panel User Account UAC configuration window.
Not start Control Panel Internet Options.

If remove Windows Defender break the system.
Not is possible start several types of executables and control panel exes has issues.
The message is displayed
C:\Windows\System32\SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe
file system error
Few programs will start.

Have users saying that not have issues with current version, but here testing in a clean system without antivirus and another system with antivirus enabled the Winreducer ISO has the same result. Perhaps has problems with some ISO regions.
The ISO used is Windows 10 Pro 64 10.0.14393.0 PT-BR. Is RS1. Machine is AMD FX-6300 4 GB RAM using Highest Profile in a Windows 10 Pro 64 RS1 PT-BR.
Unhappily not is being possible use Winreducer with current versions.
Any help ? I have tested removing just IE11 and Windows Defender and the result is the same. The system is breaked.
I had created a previous post with a list of bugs from testing ISOs and perhaps was ignored.
My post relating that bug is being ignored ?

description[SOLVED] EX-100 1.0.13 Windows Defender issues EmptyRe: [SOLVED] EX-100 1.0.13 Windows Defender issues

more_horiz
hi,

so when you use a clean iso and just remove those 2  components that also happens?

i will see if i can find your iso and test it in the next days

description[SOLVED] EX-100 1.0.13 Windows Defender issues EmptyRe: [SOLVED] EX-100 1.0.13 Windows Defender issues

more_horiz
Exactly.
The system is breaked not being possible start several types of programs.
Is being since previous versions and, hmmmm ... when the CPU was changed for a six core.
I will create a new ISO using default profile instead of high and highest profiles.

more_horiz
Created and tested a ISO using default profile and unhappily is the same result.
Windows 10 Pro 64 RS1 PT-BR was downloaded directly from Microsoft using Media Creator Tool.
If using default profile the iso size is 4.129.050.624 bytes and using highest profile is 4.129.443.840 bytes both removing IE11 and Windows Defender.
Unhappily I will continue to test previous version at one that removing Windows Defender not break the system.
Current previous versions to testing now is 0.9.7.0.

more_horiz
hi,

im downloading a pro 64 bit PT-BR version at the moment (RS1) and i will test it with the newest version of winreducer 1.0.1.3

more_horiz
Thanks KRX.
Testing using from current to back previous versions.
Version 0.9.15.0 was the version that if removing IE11 break Immersive Control Panel,Internet Options and UAC Options in User Account Control Panel.
In moment was tested 0.9.7.0 and IE11 not break features and Windows Defender break the system.
Creating more ISOs using previous versions.

more_horiz
hi i did a first test.

i removed IE under features  but i didnt activate the Automatic remove under presets and everything worked so far.
no problems at immersive CP, Internet options or UAC also nothing at controll panel

which defender do you mean the service or the defender at Modern UI Apps`?

more_horiz
I has selected in previous versions :
- Not selected Protect Important Files.
- Features Internet Explorer 11.
- Services Windows Defender.

In current version the same settings and the new option Modern UI Apps Windows Defender.
You start Immersive Control Panel and control panels without problems ?
Task Manager and others Windows programs start without problems and not displaying file system error -1073741515 ?

The system used to create ISOs is Windows 10 Pro TH2 and RS1 PT-BR FX-6300 4 GB and Winreducer is on D:\Winreducerex100.
Winreducer starting without warnings of problems in software folder.
Strange even ... not antivirus , not virus on system or software blocking any feature on system.

more_horiz
no everything works. i even removed windows defender (UI and Service) and no problems.

could you try again with winreducer 1.0.1.3 and a new iso. i downloaded it here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brazilian Portuguese -> Win10_1607_BrazilianPortuguese_x64.iso -> pt_windows_10_multiple_editions_version_1607_updated_jul_2016_x64_dvd_9057431.iso

and selected the Pro version in winreducer

EDIT: i will try to use my wccf file which removes nearly everything and report later

more_horiz
so i removed nearly everything with my wccf file and the problem is not showing up. so maybe it´s really a faulty iso file ?

more_horiz
The ISO was downloaded when RS1 was released being used Media Creator Tool.
The ISO is correct because using without removing any component the system is installed correctly.
Version 0.9.6.0 removing IE11 and Windows Defender not break the system ... well ... finally, is the first time selected Preset Protect Important Files.
If removing just IE11 and Windows Defender I not see much to select Preset Protect Important Files.
Thus being will be created a ISO with current version selecting Preset Protect Important Files.
If not selecting Protect Important Files break the system removing Windows Defender with my ISO is strange.
Trying and after I post the result here.

more_horiz
so you always deselected "Preset Protect Important Files" ?

if yes thats probably it. its set by default to on, and i also leave it always on

more_horiz
Tested selecting Protect Important Files and not problems.
I have used WinReducer since the version for Windows 8 and allways had not selected Protect Important Files not having problems.
The problem was just with RS1 ISO.
Selecting Protect Important Files are files of components that I not has selected. Have files about Volume Shadow and others.
Perhaps is possible not select Protect Important Files and delete using setacl in files wmasf, wmvcore and others installed system ? wmasf and others files not are used for me.
About the post that I had created in
the others bugs not are related with selecting Protect Important Files.
Now creating a ISO removing others components and integrating updates.
Thanks KRX.

more_horiz
I had created a new ISO selecting Protect Important Files and the final ISO is 242 MB. Not is possible install.
The same problem from link below
Not was selected to remove Net Framework or clean WinSXS folder.

more_horiz
Can you post your .wccf so I can try to reproduce.
Thanks

more_horiz
Thanks JPM.
Just remove IE11 and Windows Defender not selecting Protect Important Files.
In previous versions not selecting Protect Important Files not problems.
Current version need to be selected to Protect Important Files.

more_horiz
I would prefer to be for sure you post your .wccf
But with the one I created and the version 1.0.1.3 it works OK with only the 2 following lines with the french RS1 .iso

Code:

Element Category="Services" Name="Windows Defender Service" Selected="true" Value="5"Element Category="Features" Name="Internet Explorer 11" Selected="true" Value="3"[b][/b][i][/i][u][/u][sub][/sub][sup][/sup][strike][/strike]

In fact I cannot conclude what WinReducer is doing for

Code:

Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Important Files" Selected="false"

as in the created .iso the value became true
It seems the we cannot keep it to false

more_horiz
hi,

so to make it again clear. the problem only happens if you switch "Protect Important Files" to OFF ?

if yes you probably need one of those files that are kept with this preset. so what you can do if you want to solve this problem.

1. leave Protect Important Files checked ON
2. if you want to remove more files and only solve that one problem:

- mount your wim file and hover the Protect Important Files, you will see a tooltip pop out and there you can see the files that are protected.
- remove manually and step by step those files and always test your iso. that way you will get the files that cause the problem.
- if you get all the files, you can use winreducer like always, just before clicking APPLY got the MOUNT folder, copy those files somewhere else. after that you can leave the Protect Important Files Preset to OFF and click apply.
- when winreducer if finished, mount your wim file again and copy those files back, hit apply and thats it

more_horiz
from my test
whatever you uncheck import file the result is the same
working for me

more_horiz
You disable Protect Important Files and not has issues ?
Here has issues if not enabling Protect Important Files.

more_horiz
As I mention I did and I also  mention that in the Output .wccf it is marked as true
I don't really know what WinReducer is doing perhaps it always force to true

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I worked on this and all troubles should be solved in the next stable build which will be available today or at least tomorrow.

So, you will be able to disable "Protect Important Files" presets without troubles, and should also solve "C:\Windows\System32\SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe" bug.

Smile

more_horiz
Seeing and comparing two partitions being one a Windows 10 Reducer from 06-2016 and other current version and need say you has done a good work.
Thanks very much.

more_horiz
SOLVED in v1.7.5.0 !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum