The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.7.7.3] [rs1_release Build 10563.11] Empty[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.7.7.3] [rs1_release Build 10563.11]

more_horiz
Hello my friends. I have the habit to create a new iso and do an in-place-upgrade everytime new updates catalog or a new winreducer version comes out. For the above i have a .wccf that works very well for me. When the 10563.11 build came out i wanted to do the same. This time i decided to also remove windows search+indexing service. After the setup finished and during the first login (when windows says that it prepares stuff,apps etc for you) it took forever (actually i waited an hour and it was still going). I got tired and powered down the laptop by holding the on-off key. I then turned it on,it entered desktop normally but taskbar items and start menu left-click was broken. I experimented with the two things i changed in my iso (windows search feature and indexing service) and i found that this happens even if in an untouched iso you only remove windows search. So windows search brakes start menu and taskbar. Last minute i discovered that it also brakes desktop right-click->personalize (perhaps and some other stuff but i did not investigate further)

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.7.7.3] [rs1_release Build 10563.11] EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.7.7.3] [rs1_release Build 10563.11]

more_horiz
Hello victor123,

I added this in my ToDo list, for the next WRSEB (next week).

Thank you very much for your report !

I wish you to have a nice day !

Smile

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.7.7.3] [rs1_release Build 10563.11] EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.7.7.3] [rs1_release Build 10563.11]

more_horiz
@victor123

That Problem appeared for me aswell, but without removing search indexing.
For me, it turned out that it was caused by privacy tweaks though, in my case by the tool O&OShutup.
Somehow, these settings seem to block the update in a way that it does not install parts correctly.
This might not be a point concerning you because you might not use privacy tweaks necessarily, but I thought in case you do worth to mention.
If so, the problem might not be caused by win recducer, because I had the same result after updating a with a non modified version.

The solution would be to turn the tweaks of ( for every user account ), upgrade and turn them on.

more_horiz
Dr Phil Perlmutter wrote:
@victor123

That Problem appeared for me aswell, but without removing search indexing.
For me, it turned out that it was caused by privacy tweaks though, in my case by the tool O&OShutup.
Somehow, these settings seem to block the update in a way that it does not install parts correctly.
This might not be a point concerning you because you might not use privacy tweaks necessarily, but I thought in case you do worth to mention.
If so, the problem might not be caused by win recducer, because I had the same result after updating a with a non modified version.

The solution would be to turn the tweaks of ( for every user account ), upgrade and turn them on.

My friend this happens even when i installed the .iso (only with search feature removed) in a virtualbox clean installation. So its a winreducer problem. But thanks for your answer.

more_horiz
Ok, got it wrong there then, sorry.

more_horiz
Dr Phil Perlmutter wrote:
Ok, got it wrong there then, sorry.

My friend sorry for what; Everyone here shares his expenience with the hope to help others and make winreducer software better. You had an idea that you thought can help. Thanks for that.

more_horiz
SOLVED in v1.8.1.0 !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum