The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description [EX-100 - v1.8.11.0]  winreducer -> open path to ExtractedByWinReducer not chosen Empty [EX-100 - v1.8.11.0] winreducer -> open path to ExtractedByWinReducer not chosen

more_horiz
hi winter,

i got this "bug" now since a couple of versions, i think since something like 1.8.2.0. when i got the extracted folder of winreducer at my desktop and i start winreducer and want to open a folder, the selected folder is the first on top (Desktop) and not C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\WinReducerEX100_x64\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer

but when i move the winreducer folder to i.e. C:\ and do the same the ExtractedByWinReducer is selected.

im reporting it now since i always thought it is a bug caused by myself.

EDIT: using the ExtractedByWinReducer folder when winreducer is at my desktop does work without any problem

description [EX-100 - v1.8.11.0]  winreducer -> open path to ExtractedByWinReducer not chosen EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v1.8.11.0] winreducer -> open path to ExtractedByWinReducer not chosen

more_horiz
so after testing i found the component that cause it:

Registry tweak:
Explorer - Command Bar - Remove Include in Library
Explorer - Command Bar - Remove Library Pane

i just tested it with my wccf file so i dont know if any other registry tweak causes it also

description [EX-100 - v1.8.11.0]  winreducer -> open path to ExtractedByWinReducer not chosen EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v1.8.11.0] winreducer -> open path to ExtractedByWinReducer not chosen

more_horiz
ok i tested it again and  i was wrong. the right component is :

Explorer - Remove Libraries from Navigation Pane

more_horiz
so i found it. if i remove this entrie:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{B4BFCC3A-DB2C-424C-B029-7FE99A87C641}\PropertyBag\ThisPCPolicy: "Hide"

it works again.

this is also the only registry value that is created, and not changed from SHOW to HIDE like the other 5.

but removing this entrie causes to show "Desktop"  above my drives (C:\ and D:\)  at explorer

more_horiz
hi winter,

im not sure how you realized it with winreducer but i was testing a bit and when i use in c#:
-----------------

the winreducer path is selected properly when the registry key is set to hide, where it doesnt work with winreducer

more_horiz
hi, i got some more infos. its still broken by the registry tweak but i found more info.

if the winreducer folder is located at i.e. C:\ it works. i fact it works everywhere exept when its in my user folder and subfolder.

i made a small c# tool and when when i set for my FolderBrowserDialog the SelectedPath to"C:\Users\" this folder is selected but when i change it to "C:\Users\krx" it doesnt. but "C:\Users\Default\Desktop" works fine again also for "C:\Users\Public\Downloads"

so it seems to be only my "KrX" profile and only when this registry tweak is chosen.

so the only thing i can think of is that Microsoft has something against me *joke*

more_horiz
What did you do to them ?

lol!

Yes, I confirm this is a strange behavior ... or you found a never reported bug ! (like the "Open With - More options" empty list bug)

Smile

more_horiz
i tried it again since i thought it is my short username but it also didnt work with KrXeD, than i tried it with a random username "Henrice" and i could start it from "C:\Users\Henrice" but not from and subfolders Downloads, Desktop etc

more_horiz
also still present:

Win10_21H2_German_x64.iso  (10.0.19041.1288.0)
Winreducer 3.0.5.0
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum