View previous topicGo downView next topic
KrX

[EX-100 - v1.8.11.0] winreducer -> open path to ExtractedByWinReducer not chosen

on Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 22:59
hi winter,

i got this "bug" now since a couple of versions, i think since something like 1.8.2.0. when i got the extracted folder of winreducer at my desktop and i start winreducer and want to open a folder, the selected folder is the first on top (Desktop) and not C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\WinReducerEX100_x64\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer

but when i move the winreducer folder to i.e. C:\ and do the same the ExtractedByWinReducer is selected.

im reporting it now since i always thought it is a bug caused by myself.

EDIT: using the ExtractedByWinReducer folder when winreducer is at my desktop does work without any problem
KrX

Re: [EX-100 - v1.8.11.0] winreducer -> open path to ExtractedByWinReducer not chosen

on Wed 4 Oct 2017 - 1:43
so after testing i found the component that cause it:

Registry tweak:
Explorer - Command Bar - Remove Include in Library
Explorer - Command Bar - Remove Library Pane

i just tested it with my wccf file so i dont know if any other registry tweak causes it also
KrX

Re: [EX-100 - v1.8.11.0] winreducer -> open path to ExtractedByWinReducer not chosen

on Thu 5 Oct 2017 - 19:55
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
ok i tested it again and  i was wrong. the right component is :

Explorer - Remove Libraries from Navigation Pane
KrX

on Thu 5 Oct 2017 - 21:23
so i found it. if i remove this entrie:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{B4BFCC3A-DB2C-424C-B029-7FE99A87C641}\PropertyBag\ThisPCPolicy: "Hide"

it works again.

this is also the only registry value that is created, and not changed from SHOW to HIDE like the other 5.

but removing this entrie causes to show "Desktop"  above my drives (C:\ and D:\)  at explorer
KrX

Today at 21:02
hi winter,

im not sure how you realized it with winreducer but i was testing a bit and when i use in c#:

using (var folderDialog = new FolderBrowserDialog())
            {
                folderDialog.SelectedPath = xmlPath;         // xmlPath is i.e. winreducer Extracted folder
                if (folderDialog.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.OK)
                {
                         //Do something
                }
            }

the winreducer path is selected properly when the registry key is set to hide, where it doesnt work with winreducer
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum