The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] [1.9.8.0] LTSB 2016 Setup Broken Empty[SOLVED] [1.9.8.0] LTSB 2016 Setup Broken

more_horiz
Hi,

I'm trying to slim down a LTSB 2016 iso. The base iso is: 
en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483

I tested my ISO in VMware. Installation went fine at first, but after "getting devices ready" finishes, a dialog box pop up saying: "Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware". 

I pressed Ok, the VM restarts, and then a new dialog box pop up, saying:
"Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation."

I tried the Shift+F10 trick to force the setup to continues, it does continue, but it gets stuck at "Just a moment" for 2 hours, even though I disabled my wi-fi. 

Here's my wccf: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h66ew2h8e0pnebe/w10.wccf

It's really strange since I enabled "Protect Sysprep".

EDIT: I should've read the other thread more carefully. It seems that this is not a new problem. I hope this gets fixed soon.

description[SOLVED] [1.9.8.0] LTSB 2016 Setup Broken EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [1.9.8.0] LTSB 2016 Setup Broken

more_horiz
hi,

yes indeed it is an older Problem.

i will do some tests soon, maybe this year or at the beginning of the next year to find all the Installation Problems with ltsb iso´s

description[SOLVED] [1.9.8.0] LTSB 2016 Setup Broken EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [1.9.8.0] LTSB 2016 Setup Broken

more_horiz
Hello,

I confirm the bug ... I'm on it at the moment ... and it should be solved tomorrow in v1.9.8.1 (VIP Closed Build) Wink

Thank you very much for the report !

more_horiz
SOLVED in v1.9.8.1 (VIP Closed Build) and v1.9.9.0 !

P.S. : Topic moved to bugs forum !

more_horiz
hi winter,

because im curious. was it just one component or more? since we got some older bug reports where the ltsb Version wont install

more_horiz
Hello guys Smile

For this specific bug, it was "Services - Distributed Transaction Coordinator Service" and I'm investigating as installation bugs as possible with LTSB 2016.

more_horiz
ah ok . thanks for that info
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum