The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description? Welcome message & suggestions Empty? Welcome message & suggestions

more_horiz
Hi everybody,

this is Kai from Ammersbek next to Hamburg, Germany.
Actually I´m using EX100 and there are several questions open:

- how can I add additional software?
- how can I activate Windows?
- how can I resize background image?
- downloaded updates will be integrated automatically into image?
- how can I setup energy options?
- why I have to activate all options when I load presets?

Inside "Update Downloader" both buttons are completely black, text not readable. Also all tools should be setup under ONE interface!! Further it would be nice be able to download BOTH updates, drivers, software at the same time.... x86 & x64!!

Thanks in advance for help :-)
Regards
Kai

description? Welcome message & suggestions EmptyRe: ? Welcome message & suggestions

more_horiz
No answer? Something wrong with my message?
Thought, I could expect an answer....

description? Welcome message & suggestions EmptyRe: ? Welcome message & suggestions

more_horiz
Hey, maybe you would have had more luck posting under the help section.

>- how can I add additional software?

Depends on what you want to do. The software has to support this method of installation. You find it under System->WinReducer Post Installation. You can use the OEM or OOBE methods. Google is your friend.

>- how can I activate Windows?

Under "unattended" you can put in your WIndows key and enable auto activation.

>- how can I resize background image?

Which background image? The one of WinReducer? Or the one from Windows? Or are you talking about how the wallpaper fills the screen?

>- downloaded updates will be integrated automatically into image?

Under System->Integration, just set the path (should be chosen correctly if you downloaded them via WinReducer) and they are going to be integrated.

>- how can I setup energy options?

Unattended. You really just have to have a look through the options and you could have answered that for yourself.

>- why I have to activate all options when I load presets?

What do you mean by "all options"? Whatever is in the preset gets activated.

>Inside "Update Downloader" both buttons are completely black, text not readable. Also all tools should be setup under ONE interface!! Further it would be nice be able to download BOTH updates, drivers, software at the same time.... x86 & x64!!

That shouldn't happen. Maybe try the latest version, otherwise it's most likely a problem on your end. Also, why x86? There's very little point in using a x86 system these days.

more_horiz
Depends on what you want to do. The software has to support this method of installation. You find it under System->WinReducer Post Installation. You can use the OEM or OOBE methods. Google is your friend.
-- 7zip, Office, adobe, vnc, flash.... added by system\...post installation\oem

>- how can I activate Windows?
Under "unattended" you can put in your WIndows key and enable auto activation.
-- solved

Which background image? The one of WinReducer? Or the one from Windows? Or are you talking about how the wallpaper fills the screen?
-- jepp, the background image what I have selected to show after installation
-- be sure, it has the right size!!

>- downloaded updates will be integrated automatically into image?
Under System->Integration, just set the path (should be chosen correctly if you downloaded them via WinReducer) and they are going to be integrated.
-- solved

>- how can I setup energy options?
Unattended. You really just have to have a look through the options and you could have answered that for yourself.
-- sorry, I had have wood on my eyes

-- Appearance.... Theme Support for example, checkbox is isunchecked.
-- when I check the box I could change existing options
-- same with Various, I have to set it up again

>Inside "Update Downloader" both buttons are completely black, text not readable. Also all tools should be setup under ONE interface!! Further it would be nice be able to download BOTH updates, drivers, software at the same time.... x86 & x64!!

That shouldn't happen. Maybe try the latest version, otherwise it's most likely a problem on your end. Also, why x86? There's very little point in using a x86 system these days.
-- I use the latest version!!
-- since last friday the color has been changed from black to grey, funny :-)

more_horiz
Additional packages were not installed while did not found %cdrom%.
Using an ISO I install W10 in a VM through local LAN....
System was not brought into domain and also not activated....

more_horiz

You need to pass along the proper parameters and the application has to support being installed this way. For example:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You have to search online for the correct parameters. There used to be premade packages out there, but sadly I can't remember where.

I mean, size shouldn't matter, as it gets scaled automatically.

Oh yeah, WinReducer does some silly stuff sometimes. That's probably happening because you are using other settings that are incompatible.

Hmm, might be because the servers were down.

This is a decent alternative:

more_horiz

You need to pass along the proper parameters and the application has to support being installed this way. For example:

You have to search online for the correct parameters. There used to be premade packages out there, but sadly I can't remember where.
---- Of course I have set the proper parameters. And outside WRex100 it works perfectly.
---- I have add all packagee under /system/OEM or OOBE. Hope, that will be correct
---- Also there was created a batch file. But I don´t use disk or stick instead of a local sorce. Could that be the issue?
---- Everys batch runs perfectly for its own....
---- As I told you above.... I use a VM and import the newly created ISO. I don´t disk or stick....

---- it works, thanks

I mean, size shouldn't matter, as it gets scaled automatically.

Oh yeah, WinReducer does some silly stuff sometimes. That's probably happening because you are using other settings that are incompatible.
---- other settings are incompatible? If so, why I get any message about and what I have to do??
---- after checking all boxes, the settings have been still set, nothing was changed

Hmm, might be because the servers were down.

This is a decent alternative:

--- I know about wsusoffline. But I would liek to use WRex100 for that task....

-> When I set a background image, I´m not able to reach the buttons, weree hide. I have to use the TAB key to come along....
-> It could be, that these issue comes along when I add aditionally an image in "Background - Setup Screen Window".... maybee they overlay?
? Welcome message & suggestions WdBKEBCQcenMAAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=

more_horiz
? Welcome message & suggestions Docume10
Sorry, the former message was too long.... snapshot was added now

more_horiz
7-Zip:
echo off
cls
7z1801.msi /q
or
echo off
cls
7z920.exe /S
-------------
Flash
echo off
cls
flash.exe -install
-------------
Adobe
echo off
cls
setup.exe /sAll /rs /msi EULA_ACCEPPT=YES

As I told you before.... every package works perfectly.

Thanks in advance for help :-))

more_horiz
Actually I´m using the free edition.
Could that be the reason why I´m not able to create, delete, resize any partions regardless VMware or native hardware?

When the installation has been finished and Windows 10 was loaded, on the right side a blue message box appears that ask if I want to share my network.... how to disable?

more_horiz
? Welcome message & suggestions Docume11

This is the dialog I mentioned....

Additional packages were not be installed :-((

more_horiz
Sorry, I don't have much experience installing programs via OOBE/OEM methods. I personally try to use mostly portable applications on a seperate partition, so I never have to reinstall/reconfigure much of anything.

Try to make an iso with just something simple to install to see if that works. The Visual C++ Redistributable für Visual Studio would probably be a good start. For the 05 version the switch is /Q, for 08 /qb and for 10-15 it's /passive /norestart (I mean these ones for example: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] And install the ISO by mounting it directly via the VM.

The free version of WinReducer works the same as the paid version, as far as I know. At least every feature that works is the same, and the Windows installation won't be any different between free/paid. That can't be the issue.

The message about the network stuff is so other people on the network see your PC (if you click on Network in the left hand pane of the Explorer for example). You can disable the SSDP service, the UPnP Device Host Service and the Function Discovery Resource Publication service. That way your PC will never be seen on a network, but you also won't see other PCs (and printers, etc.). Using WiFi/LAN for internet access will still work, as well as LAN games, etc. but any other network functions like file sharing won't work.

I don't think you can disable just the message via WinReducer. You can run this in the command line/a batch file/etc. though: netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="Network Discovery" new enable=No

Maybe this could help you, too:

more_horiz
Hi anon768,

thanks for your message.

I use WDex100 because I won´t use several tools, it anoys me really.
It´s funny to know, that anyone deploy software via WinReducer. It has the function, but it does not work on the way I do.
As I have written, I don´t use disc or stick. The installation comes from LAN as an ISO, created by WDex100.

In these case I expected an reply from the owner of WDex100, but nothing happens!!

Your reply regarding the network stuff does not really help me. It is not really important....
Thanks for your command line, but this seems to be execute after the installation manually and that´s I don´t won´t to do.
Maybee there is a command line execution option after the installation within WinReducer, did not found yet.

Next step will be, why I´m not able to create/delte/resize partitions via WinReducer or is it a feature of a paid edition?

Regards
Kai

more_horiz
>I use WDex100 because I won´t use several tools, it anoys me really.

You don't need to use any seperate tools.

>It´s funny to know, that anyone deploy software via WinReducer. It has the function, but it does not work on the way I do.

Yes, that's problably an issue on your end. Putting "vcredist_05_x86_sp1-mfc" /Q for example for VC Redist 08 should install it just fine via OOBE.

>As I have written, I don´t use disc or stick. The installation comes from LAN as an ISO, created by WDex100.

I'm only telling you to use the ISO to test if the installation via network is the problem.

>Thanks for your command line, but this seems to be execute after the installation manually and that´s I don´t won´t to do.

Post-installation command line stuff is done via the OOBE method. That's what OOBE does, it just executes commands just like you would from cmd.exe

>Next step will be, why I´m not able to create/delte/resize partitions via WinReducer or is it a feature of a paid edition?

Do you mean changing partitions during the Windows installation, or afterwards? During installation, that's done via unattened.xml, here are some pointers:

more_horiz
Whatever I´m trying to do, it does not work.... let me explain!

Using Virtual Box I got an error message (Guru Meditation)....
Using VMware Workstation or Player I got the same error (A fault has occurred causing a virtual CPU to enter the shutdown state)....
But any other virtual mashine already installed inside VB and VMW are running perfectly....

I´m not able to update VMware workstation from 9 to 12 because the older release could not be removed.
Using Google all founded solutions do not work and I´m really confused and sad!!

On the computer in my office every image created by WRex100 could be installed perfectly.... using W7, VMware Workstation 12, WRex100....

Using WRx100 to create an image I do it for my own and has nothing to do with business....
Usually I complete a workstation and create an image using True Image or a tool ilke that.

However, I would like to solve my issue above and I would be happy about any hints from you :-))
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum