The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionAny help for my music production PC EmptyAny help for my music production PC

more_horiz
Hi All I'm new here this is my first post. I'm finding it really difficult to find detailed info for all the options we have to eliminate. The little hints help sometimes but not much most of the time. i want to use my PC soley for FL studio, with my external usb powered focusrite audio interface. with multi monitors and midi keyboard via usb, usb wireless mouse and keyboard, google chrome portable via ethernet no need for anythi g wifi or Bluetooth. Other audio programs adobe audition version 3.01 and ofcourse many audio vst plugins to use inside FL and adobe audition on either windows 8.1 or 10 both home edition 64bit. And a sample browser program and not much else aside maybe a simple audio and video player and pdf reader and calculator. Would you be able to know everything or at least a lot of things i can disable knowing I'm using the pc for the above only? For example i am not going to be using a printer so i can safely delete this from the iso via the software but there are many many many other options of things to remove and i would like to remove as much as possible but things like netframework and active x and services e.t.c I'm not in the know about every option. Do you think you would have time to go through the software for me? You can save preset file for your chosen configuration

descriptionAny help for my music production PC EmptyRe: Any help for my music production PC

more_horiz
Hello and welcome Smile

You may start with these configuration files (named WCCF) for EX-100 in this page :
https://www.winreducer.net/wccf.html

Maybe the "Desktop (Security+Edge+Store) (Normal)" wccf should work for you ... it will remove a huge list of components but keep the essential (only for ethenet connection, no wifi or bluetooth support). Just take care to do not remove Net Framework (in "APPLY - Optimizations" tab) the first time you use this wccf, because it may potentially break some software you may need.

If you want an audio and video player there are many alternative, such as : foobar (only audio), VLC (audio and video) or media player classic (audio and video).
For a web browser : firefox, chrome or opera.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

I wish you to have a great day !

descriptionAny help for my music production PC EmptyRe: Any help for my music production PC

more_horiz
Thanks winterstorm. I shall indeed be using VLC player but for simple audio player it is https://resonic.at My browser will be Google chrome portable https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable so which net framework version doi need to keep? What is it for?

more_horiz
Actually come to think of it I'm sure both resonic and vlc are available as portable too so i shall use the portable versions of these too

more_horiz
One of the other questions sorry was seeing as though I'm using an external usb audio interface with it's own driver do i need still need anything audio related keeping from Windows?

more_horiz
Trancelmania wrote:
Thanks winterstorm. I shall indeed be using VLC player but for simple audio player it is https://resonic.at My browser will be Google chrome portable https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable so which net framework version doi need to keep? What is it for?

I'm agree with you about portable apps, as much as possible I'm using them for my purpose Smile
In the wccf, I mentioned in my previous post, Net Framework 4.7 files will be removed (because I selected it to be removed) with the idea to reduce the installation size ... but your software may need net framework (or not, I do not know : just check for the requirements in your software developer website).

Trancelmania wrote:
One of the other questions sorry was seeing as though I'm using an external usb audio interface with it's own driver do i need still need anything audio related keeping from Windows?

Usb audio interface should be supported without trouble, of course you may need to install the specific drivers for your usb interface ... in the other hand, in the EX-100 "Multimedia" tab, there are several codec (audio and video) which may be required for your audio software, so you should probably keep them, at first, until you are absolutely sure that your software will not need it.

more_horiz
Ok thanks for input i have asked one of the developers for their software if they require these things. Forgive me but what is a wccf?

more_horiz
A wccf (= "WinReducer Custom Configuration File") is a file which stores all your settings, like that you will be able to easily load it for a future use, with all your settings already (and automatically) selected ... but you will be able to save your settings easily in this file, in case you want to add or remove more components.

Smile

more_horiz
Ahh i get it cool good to know

more_horiz
Any help for my music production PC 20190612

Hi i keep getting this error in virtual box. Right as it's done everything except the getting ready section then this happens. Any idea what it means?

more_horiz
Hi any help anyone? Also i can't workout if some options are keeping or removing things when on. It's a bit confusing the way some things are labeled.

more_horiz
Try VMware Workstation Player or an installation on a real machine and let us know if it works then.

I had a similar problem only with Virtual Box: https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t2613-solved-ex-100-v2-1-4-0-rs5-17763-134-and-17763-1-installation-error-with-integrated-updates

more_horiz
Thanks will check it out
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum