The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionIntegrate windows 7 explorer with winreducer EmptyIntegrate windows 7 explorer with winreducer

more_horiz
Hello,

There is anyway of COMPLETELY get rid of metro and put windows 7 explorer?

I mean delete on the iso the metro "desktop" and replace with windows 7 "explorer.exe" on the iso.

I know that one way is delete shsxs.dll from /windows/system32 and change on registry from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RPenabled  from 1 to 0.

But it could produces some errors Neutral 

Thanks

descriptionIntegrate windows 7 explorer with winreducer EmptyRe: Integrate windows 7 explorer with winreducer

more_horiz
Check my firm, with this software (isn't programmed by me) you can remove completely Windows 8 taskbar and set Win7 original taskbar

This software not install anything, only say "windows, use this explorer.exe instead of system32 explorer.exe"

If you want know integrate Win7 explorer.exe directly in WinReducer ISO, say me and i try explain in this post.

To integrate you need:

• original Win7 Explorer.exe 
  • wrp32.dll or wrp64.dll
  • System32/es-ES*/explorer.exe.mui   *your language, example=> english=en-EN

descriptionIntegrate windows 7 explorer with winreducer EmptyRe: Integrate windows 7 explorer with winreducer

more_horiz
After aplying "Advanced for desktop", setting some components and fonts not to remove,  i create iso and install, now ESET IS working very well, both v6 and beta v7. But have another problem, when i map eg. drive Z: to my NAS (Zyxel NSA310), this is stay mapped few minutes and then lost connection. Dont know why. Also not functional network discovery. It is heavy for me, because i dont know which function in Windows makes what. Thanks.

more_horiz
After removing the components, before saving the wim, just replace explorer.exe in c:\windows the patched exe from ex7forw8 and explorer.exe.mui in c:\windows\your language with the windows 7 one. Then you need the wrp64 or wrp32.dll in the c:\windows folder.

more_horiz
boogerlad wrote:
After removing the components, before saving the wim, just replace explorer.exe in c:\windows the patched exe from ex7forw8 and explorer.exe.mui in c:\windows\your language with the windows 7 one. Then you need the wrp64 or wrp32.dll in the c:\windows folder.
this is insufficient to integrate "ex7forwin8" additional registry keys have to be modified in order to get a slimstreamed windows 7 explorer.exe

My iso boots to desktop but not launch explorer.exe.

If I made the steps of the post of castillo92, but doesn't work.

I tryied to launch explorer.exe from CMD but no luck I have to launch ex7forWin8 executable that is created when it is installed and select windows 7 behaviour, reboot and it works.

This means that there is some registry key that have to be added in order to work.

EDIT

The registry key to edit manually to slipstream seems to be:

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Shell"="C:\\Windows\\explorer.exe"
Where C:\\Explorer.exe is your path to windows 7 explorer.exe (originally on C:\\Windows\explorer.exe)

Now works well, but MFU programs is empty forever opening programs, this could be MFU break because componend removal?? Please someone can tell me what component is needed por MFU?.

Thanks

more_horiz
Ah, I see you want to integrate the program so you can switch between the two shells. My apologies.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum