The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.7.0] [RS5 Build 17763_x64] Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service breaks Sticky Notes Empty[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.7.0] [RS5 Build 17763_x64] Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service breaks Sticky Notes

more_horiz
like the title says Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service is breaking sticky notes, it opens and closes immediately

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.7.0] [RS5 Build 17763_x64] Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service breaks Sticky Notes EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.7.0] [RS5 Build 17763_x64] Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service breaks Sticky Notes

more_horiz
hi,

im not 100% sure if the folowing is causing it, but it kinda produces problems with start menu:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SecurityManager\CapabilityClasses\capabilityClass_Restricted]

from the key "MemberCapability" 

Code:

xboxTrackingStream

is removed, which probably shouldnt be removed by this component.

also the empty line at the end is removed from "MemberCapability"  and "MemberCapabilityClass" which cause start menu to sometimes not responding (at least for me)

i removed everything else this component removes and sticky notes still works, so maybe this is breaking it

EDIT: i tested it again, and it doesnt seem that "xboxTrackingStream" is removed but the last line containing text together with the last empty line. so it doesnt matter whats component is listed as last in "MemberCapability"

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.7.0] [RS5 Build 17763_x64] Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service breaks Sticky Notes EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.7.0] [RS5 Build 17763_x64] Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service breaks Sticky Notes

more_horiz
ok forget what i said earlier. it seems the last line

xboxTrackingStream or xboxSystemApplicationClipQuery

is moved to the middle

preemptiveCamera
    powerDeviceSettings
    previewHfx
    previewInkWorkspace
    xboxSystemApplicationClipQuery
    previewStore
    previewUiComposition
    projectionDeviceSettings
    protectedApp
    regionSettings

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
like the title says Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service is breaking sticky notes, it opens and closes immediately

I can confirm this issue too.

I've reported it previously in the following post, where you could find, other-unfamiliar issues:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
SOLVED in v2.2.3.1 and v2.2.4.0 !

Hello guys Smile

Thank you very for your reports !

I wish you to have a great day !

more_horiz
hi winter,
this stil isnt solved. still something at [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SecurityManager\CapabilityClasses\capabilityClass_Restricted] is breaking it, i will do more tests tonight.

also i did forget to check the ntuser.dat and this is needed:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\123\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PenWorkspace]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\123\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PenWorkspace\Notes]
"NotesApp"="Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\123\ was my mounting path

more_horiz
so the registry key for ntuser needs to be kept like i said here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and also at [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SecurityManager\CapabilityClasses\capabilityClass_Restricted]

the "previewPenWorkspace" part needs to be kept, than stickynotes is working again

more_horiz
SOLVED in v2.2.4.0 [ALL] !

Hello KrX Smile

My bad ... I made a mistake ... thanks for the report !

It will be solved in the build which will be released today Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum