The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100 - v2.2.1.0] [Win10_1903_V1_English_x64] Registry editor compatibility Empty[EX-100 - v2.2.1.0] [Win10_1903_V1_English_x64] Registry editor compatibility

more_horiz
Hello,

Really love WinReducer, fantastic program.

I am a user who loves to reduce as much as possible! As such I have removed Registry Editor in the "Remover" section under "Accessories - Administrative Tools (Registry Editor)" as well as "Accessories - Administrative Tools (Registry Editor) Shortcut". 

In VirtualBox, my finished ISO does not respond to "regedit" in "Run" as regedt32.exe is missing from the system32 folder, and its corollary in the SysWOW64 folder produces a missing "olb.dll" error message. This seems expected to me. However, it occurred to me that I will need to edit the registry at some point later on, probably with the 3rd party Registry Workshop program.

My question is, does the "Accessories - Administrative Tools (Registry Editor)" removal option in EX-100 also break the ability to run programs such as Registry Workshop or other third party registry editors?

Unfortunately I cannot test Registry Workshop in VirtualBox because my Win10 ISO is too reduced to share a folder with my host machine.

Thank you!

description[EX-100 - v2.2.1.0] [Win10_1903_V1_English_x64] Registry editor compatibility EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.2.1.0] [Win10_1903_V1_English_x64] Registry editor compatibility

more_horiz
In VmWare you have access to an USB-Stick you connect to your PC.

description[EX-100 - v2.2.1.0] [Win10_1903_V1_English_x64] Registry editor compatibility EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.2.1.0] [Win10_1903_V1_English_x64] Registry editor compatibility

more_horiz
Hello internethandle Smile

You are right, if you remove the "Accessories - Administrative Tools (Registry Editor)" and "Accessories - Administrative Tools (Registry Editor) Shortcut" components, it will break regedit .... and probably other third party registry editors, it they are based on regedit files ... so if I were you, I will keep only "Accessories - Administrative Tools (Registry Editor)" and remove "Accessories - Administrative Tools (Registry Editor) Shortcut" ... because the final size impact is very small.

I wish you to have a great day !

more_horiz
Thanks winterstorm! About what I expected, will re-do my ISO and change my saved presets to reflect the Registry Editor change.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum