The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWindows Updates fails after preperation with winreducer EmptyWindows Updates fails after preperation with winreducer

more_horiz
Hi

we already made some bad experiences in the past that windows that where installed with a image based on Winreducer are not able to install windows cumulativ updates. When we run in this errors we had to reinstall windows, no chance to fix it. Now with version 1909 we even can not install any cumulativ updates, always fails with error 800f081f. If this can’t be fixed we must forget Winreducer. Did anyone made same expiriances? What can be done?

Rds Daniel

PS: I wanted do post my wccf-File but it’s too long

descriptionWindows Updates fails after preperation with winreducer EmptyRe: Windows Updates fails after preperation with winreducer

more_horiz
I confirm, that it's not possible to install CU even if you deselect WinSxS cleanup.

descriptionWindows Updates fails after preperation with winreducer EmptyRe: Windows Updates fails after preperation with winreducer

more_horiz
Hi

in Presets  Select Protect Windows Update, But a lot of items will not be removed from your iso

But You can integrate cumulative updates and  reinstall your  iso each time there is a new
cumulative update

If  Windows Update Service  is not removed then  screen driver,Frawork 3.5 & other divers will always be
installed automaticly

icy

more_horiz
Sorry I have to clarify : It's not about integrating Updates, it is installing updates later on when a Windows is installed from a image that was prepared with WindReducer. I do not integrate Updates, Drives etc. but what I needs to do is to remove this Bing, XBox etc. stuff (Modern Apps) and do a few settings und Tweaks. My question is has some also runed in this and what settings might cause this behavior
Rds Daniel

more_horiz
Hi daniel

The fact is that once You remove  certain items from Windows , cumulatve updates do not install anymore.
The best solution is first  to select Protect Windows Update, in settings and see if what You are willing to remove
is removed.
If this does not work  , then integrate updates
this is very easy,
in System  >  Updates   > select the directory with updates that correspond with your windows
You can also integrate  Frameworl 3.5 if needed
in System  >  Net Framework 3.5 >select 64 or 32 bit depending onto your windows

By the way, cumulative updates contain may contain updates from several past months,
so if you  install an iso every  2 months your windows will work perfectly

icy

more_horiz
Too many people focus on integrating cumulative updates and not on fixing bugs. Currently running a slimmed down version of 1909 that works with Windows Update. It is true that one or more components are breaking Windows Update and resulting in an error or a roll-back of the update after restarting. It took me lots of builds again to get a working build.

Only saying that it is possible but since there is so little progress in updating WinReducer I do not post my progress in the forum anymore.

Good Luck.

more_horiz
@hirlinurd why???

more_horiz
closing this old bug.

i posted some things that broke WU here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum