The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

Silent Switches for Software Installations

+13
brittech
BiberM
ubcd949
Adithya R
pxi
winterstorm2050
iruhse
treesmoker
Phsmu
KrX
inallsorts
zuardin
Code
17 posters

descriptionSilent Switches for Software Installations - Page 2 EmptyRe: Silent Switches for Software Installations

more_horiz
dechad wrote:
Hello guys,
this silent switch don't work!
JDownloader2Setup.exe -q -overwrite -splash "KrX JDownloader 2 Installer"

Beste regards
dechad

it only works with jdownloader 2 (not jdownlaoder). Also this was months ago, so maybe the silent support was changed. I couldnt find any other switches for it.

descriptionSilent Switches for Software Installations - Page 2 EmptyRe: Silent Switches for Software Installations

more_horiz
help . need keys for  Mozilla firefox 46 . Opera developer 64 bit. Directx_Jun2010_redis, UltraUXThemePatcher
my key

ECHO Install Add Prog
rem start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\UltraUXThemePatcher.exe /S

start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\Unlocker.exe /S
start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\mbam.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP-
start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\Rainmeter.exe /S

exit

more_horiz
for firefox you could make an ini file:

http://www.adminarsenal.com/admin-arsenal-blog/how-to-install-firefox-silently/

for opera those should work

Setup.exe /install /silent /launchopera=0 /quicklaunchshortcut=0 /desktopshortcut=1 /setdefaultbrowser=1 --with-feature:scheduled-autoupdate=0

0 = no
1 = yes

for directx:

dxsetup.exe /silent

---------------

UltraUX:

silent installation with parameter /S

more_horiz
totally looks like a key ?
rem start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\UltraUXThemePatcher.exe /S

no installation

more_horiz
Please help with the code. Correctly written, the key silent installation? How to write correctly ? Please help.
ECHO Install Add Prog
start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\Silverlight.exe /q
start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\directx.exe /silent
start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\Unlocker.exe /S
start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\Rainmeter.exe /S
start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\Developer.exe /install /silent /launchopera=0 /quicklaunchshortcut=0 /desktopshortcut=1 /setdefaultbrowser=1 --with-feature:scheduled-autoupdate=0
start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\CCleaner.exe /S
start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\wrar.exe /s
start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\TakeOwnershipEx.exe /S
start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\mbam.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP-

exit

more_horiz

So This is where you'll see & are able to use this amazing time Saving tool with-in WinReDucer
You Click the "CUSTOMIZATION" Tab
Then Click the "WINDOWS POST INSTALLATION" Tab
You Then Click OPEN & Select Your Installer.
Once you have selected Your Installer you'll then Need to Add the Silent Switch Command
for that Installer, Each Installer as it's own Command key.
Anyway Once you have Added the Command in the Silent Switch Box
And your happy, You Then go Ahead & Click ADD.

If at Any-time You spot some Mistake You can Tick the EDIT MODE
& Then Edit the Script Manually if you wish.

Winterstorm......I am sorry to bother you but if you can find the time to change the wording to match the actual  wording that's in Winreducerex100, on any of the tutorials it would b greatly appreciated. I read this a week ago but could not find the " customization tab or the " open " tab  nor did i see a silent switch box as u explain above.(Also do you HAVE to have a silent switch command ? Will it still install without one? What is the con of not putting in a silent switch?) .....but then after you telling me in a recent post how to do this....I came back here and deciphered this... Very Happy .  I know you are limited on time,  but for us newbes it would be wonderful..... Laughing Laughing  Thanks!

more_horiz
Hello,

Don't worry, newbie or not, I always have time for all of you Smile

So, it seems that tutorial is for an old WinReducer version, please try this for EX-100.

You will find the "OOBE" tool in the "System" then "WinReducer Post Installation" tab, so you will see the "OOBE" tab with the buttons :
- "On-Off" : Activate the OOBE support in WinReducer
- "Add Files" : choose an installation files '*.exe or *.msi) to execute during Windows installation
- "Add "Folders" : choose an installation folder (like for MS Office or drivers installation). This will be done in 2 steps : first window (choose the folder to copy in your ISO) and second window (choose the setup file to launch the folder installation)

Two tips for you :
1) in the top right of this tab, you have a menu to add some additional effect like colors, categories
2) you are able to manually edit all the text content to create an improved batch file

Finally, I'm working on many tutorials for quiet some times, they should be available as soon as possible (no ETA for the moment)

I wish you to have a nice day !

Smile

more_horiz
Adithya R wrote:
Hey, Guys! You could also find silent switches by using software called Universal Silent Switch Finder. Easy. Very Happy  Wink

Well lets see i tried 15 common drivers and it could not find one........am i doing something wrong or?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

- "Add Files" : choose an installation files '*.exe or *.msi) to execute during Windows installation
- "Add "Folders" : choose an installation folder (like for MS Office or drivers installation). This will be done in 2 steps : first window (choose the folder to copy in your ISO) and second window (choose the setup file to launch the folder installation)

So if a driver or software only has ONE exe file in it....then its safe to say u should use the add file...
BUT if the driver or software has many files and folders inside the main folder than you must use the FOLDER option and choose the folder to copy into the iso then you pick the set up file in the folder you just selected?

ALSO what if you put in a file and need to delete it?  I noticed that if you hit the add file and even delete the text in the oobe section that the file is still in the C:\winreducerex10\WORK\INTEGRATE\SOFTWARE\WinReducerEX100PI folder?  Is this by design ? or should there not be a way that when you delete something from the oobe section that it will delete it in the winreducer folder?

more_horiz
takitezsdc wrote:
Well lets see i tried 15 common drivers and it could not find one........am i doing something wrong or?

Your driver executable should use a default *.exe (like installshield wizard) so you should might try to use this command line "Setup.exe /?" : you may see (or not) a window with all silent switches

takitezsdc wrote:
So if a driver or software only has ONE exe file in it....then its safe to say u should use the add file...

Yes

takitezsdc wrote:
BUT if the driver or software has many files and folders inside the main folder than you must use the FOLDER option and choose the folder to copy into the iso then you pick the set up file in the folder you just selected?

Yes

takitezsdc wrote:
ALSO what if you put in a file and need to delete it?  I noticed that if you hit the add file and even delete the text in the oobe section that the file is still in the C:\winreducerex10\WORK\INTEGRATE\SOFTWARE\WinReducerEX100PI folder?  Is this by design ? or should there not be a way that when you delete something from the oobe section that it will delete it in the winreducer folder?

If you delete the line the file will not be launched, but it still available in the folder ... if you want to delete the file manually just go in the folder "..\WORK\INTEGRATE\SOFTWARE\WinReducerEX100PI" (example for EX-100) .. and delete the according file.

I've done like this because I would like to let user to have the entire control to the entire process, but yes, this method has some limitation (not entirely automatic and administrator rights are not available) which I will modify in the future Smile

more_horiz

I've done like this because I would like to let user to have the entire control to the entire process, but yes, this method has some limitation (not entirely automatic and administrator rights are not available) which I will modify in the future Smile

That brings me to my next question Smile .....So I thought it was important to install drivers and some of your main software with admin rights.....in fact a lot of things require you to do that.

IF i go into the actual program that is stored in the C:\winreducerex10\WORK\INTEGRATE\SOFTWARE\WinReducerEX100PI file and open properties on each exe file......then go to compatibility, and check the "run as admin for all users" will that then install it correctly if it calls for admin prev when installing?

more_horiz
Hello,

I'm not sure that work like this ... I think the "run as admin" flag is associated to the operating system in which you check it.

more_horiz
wont it work if you put in the OOBE part before the starting command of your Software this:

runas.exe /savecred /user:Administrator

so it would look like this:

runas.exe /savecred /user:Administrator "%CDROM%\WinReducerEX70PI\7Zip.exe" /S

? im no sure because i never used it.
as i can remember there was a thead about it somewhere here, someone suggested to disable UAC before starting the first Software and enabling it again at the end

more_horiz
KrX have you tried this? I am about to but wanted to see if anyone tried the admin command before i go wasting time lol

more_horiz
takitezsdc wrote:
KrX have you tried this? I am about to but wanted to see if anyone tried the admin command before i go wasting time lol

no i didnt try this, i found it when i searched via google.

but if it works winter could add this option to winreducer

more_horiz
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x64/ x86):

VC_redist.x64.exe /install /quiet /norestart
VC_redist.x86.exe /install /quiet /norestart
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum