The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionUnable to pass bios setup when using prebuilt service conf in EX-100.  Windows 10 pro/home(multiple) EmptyUnable to pass bios setup when using prebuilt service conf in EX-100. Windows 10 pro/home(multiple)

more_horiz
I have had this problem with windows 10 pro/home, and multiple builds.  This occurs in releases, prereleases, and beta iso.  I have just made a new installation with windows 10 home, and installed it with no problem.  I tried taking this known good build and applying nothing but the service configurations built in (winterstorm2050).  I can install, but I do not get past my bios setup, stops there every time.

I hope I'm just missing something silly, seem to be the only one with the issue.

descriptionUnable to pass bios setup when using prebuilt service conf in EX-100.  Windows 10 pro/home(multiple) EmptyRe: Unable to pass bios setup when using prebuilt service conf in EX-100. Windows 10 pro/home(multiple)

more_horiz
Hello TomeG,

The components you remove are dependent on your hardware, this is why sometimes there are different behaviors on different computers Wink

If you using an ISO, as medium installation, have you activated (or removed) the UEFI support before applying your changes ?

And, thanks to your feedback, I discovered that my services recommendations are not working properly, I will have a look at this as soon as possible. so I encourage you to do not use this option, but just select manually some components in order to try what fits the best for you.

Please let me know, thank you.

descriptionUnable to pass bios setup when using prebuilt service conf in EX-100.  Windows 10 pro/home(multiple) EmptyRe: Unable to pass bios setup when using prebuilt service conf in EX-100. Windows 10 pro/home(multiple)

more_horiz
I've tried both ways, I'm about to shoot a revised version into my system, I'll try one more time.  I've also made a few adjustments in my bios that may clear this up, I'll post the outcome.

Just to be clear, this problem occurs with both winterstorm2050 and black viper.

more_horiz
Got lost while messing with a very light windows, but found out that the service setup performed by auto removal worked fine for me.  Not sure if it uses the same settings as your Winterstorm2050. First time using the auto feature, but it is a very nice base line for me.

more_horiz
If it helps, I tested with blackviper earlier and still could not boot.  I did have success with MackyReddy's Micro 10 stable config, which has a very low service count. Could narrow things down.

On a different note I've had to reset my password twice today, I've been using this password for about 6 years, so it feels like a forum problem.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum