The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionBig Bugs in version 2.44 EmptyBig Bugs in version 2.44

more_horiz
The number of items in wccf file generated by version 2.43 is 1067. After version 2.44 is loaded, the sub items are displayed correctly, and the total number is 1067. But the execution number is 625, and the generated WIM file is much larger.

descriptionBig Bugs in version 2.44 EmptyRe: Big Bugs in version 2.44

more_horiz
Big Bugs in version 2.44 24410
Big Bugs in version 2.44 24114

more_horiz
Same wccf file

more_horiz
It may be a problem with 2.43.  I used 2.42 yesterday, and 2.44 today.  Loaded yesterdays config for my changes today without issue.  The size difference Is just me adding a few personal touches.

Big Bugs in version 2.44 Notepa10

more_horiz
With the wccf files saved in version 2.41 and version 2.43, 1067 items were adjusted and deleted. With version 2.44, the number of items read in is still 1067, but the number of items on execution is only 625. Version 2.41 is normal (version 2.42 and version 2.43 cannot be found now).

more_horiz
Hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Your problem is just that wccf 2.4.00, 2.4.1.0, 2.4.2.0 ,2.4.3.0 ,& 2.4.4.0 are all different.
in some the total of items changed.
in some item moved to another place.
So when Winreducers start his job,  he is just working on the wrong items
with all the problems you got as consequence
Take my advice and do not use a former wccf,
instead enter each item one by one
and your iso shall work.
icy

more_horiz
If loading the old config hits all the right switches could you save the setup with 2.44, and load the new config as a workaround?

more_horiz
That's not the truth. Every time I upgrade the version number, I deal with the changes and moves. And 2.44 and 2.43 have little change on wccf file. Now I load and save the wccf file with version 2.44, and load it again. The sum of each project is 1072, but it is 625 when it is finally executed. I'm sure there's something wrong with version 2.44.

more_horiz
And the change has been reduced from 1067 to 625, which is too big a gap!

more_horiz
Hi tian

* WinReducer EX-100 - v2.4.4.0 (02 December 2020)
  Items added
- NEW : "Multimedia - Windows Portable Devices"
- NEW : "Services - Portable Device Enumerator Service"
- NEW : "Services - Still Image Acquisition Events Service"
- NEW : "Services - Windows Event Collector Service"
- NEW : "Services - Windows Event Log Service"
- NEW : "APPLY - ISO File Creator - WIM or ISO Creation - Computer mode when finished"
- NEW : "APPLY - ISO File Creator - WIM or ISO Creation - Computer mode when finished - Shutdown"

Items moved
  UPDATE : "Fonts - Arial" : Component moved to "EXPERIMENTAL - Fonts" list (Take care at your WCCF)
- UPDATE : "Fonts - Consolas" : Component moved to "EXPERIMENTAL - Fonts" list (Take care at your WCCF)
- UPDATE : "Fonts - Marlett" : Component moved to "EXPERIMENTAL - Fonts" list (Take care at your WCCF)
- UPDATE : "Fonts - MS Gothic" : Component moved to "EXPERIMENTAL - Fonts" list (Take care at your WCCF)
- UPDATE : "Fonts - Segoe MDL2 Assets" : Component moved to "EXPERIMENTAL - Fonts" list (Take care at your WCCF)
- UPDATE : "Fonts - Segoe UI Emoji" : Component moved to "EXPERIMENTAL - Fonts" list (Take care at your WCCF)

So believe me
icy
- UPDATE : "Fonts - Segoe UI Symbol" : Component moved to "EXPERIMENTAL - Fonts" list (Take care at your WCCF)

- NEW : "APPLY - ISO File Creator - WIM or ISO Creation - Computer mode when finished - Standby"

more_horiz
I never had issues with my wccf moving from one version to the next or the other way round.

more_horiz
Hello guys Smile

@tian : have you activated some (or all) "Presets - Protect" components ? These components protect many other depending components from being removed in other words, (they are not removed).

if possible could you please provide your wccf from v2.4.1.0, in order to review it, thank you.

more_horiz
I found the reason!
Take an example.
Remove "accessories- 16-bit Support" to save the wccf file. The wccf file record is as follows:
Remove - Accessories" Name="16-bit Support" Selected="ture"
At the same time, winreducerex100.wccf in the WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer is also recorded.
When executed the second time,
This project is automatically skipped because there is already a record of winreducerex100.wccf in the WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer.
And it is recorded in wccf file as follows:
Remove - Accessories" Name="16-bit Support" Selected="OK"
When loading wccf files, previous versions executed "true" and "OK".
However, starting from version 2.42 or version 2.43 or version 2.44, for the loaded wccf file, "true" - executes, "true" - skips.
I just need to replace "OK" with "ture", OK!

more_horiz
the "true" or "ok" status in the wccf is not relevant for a new and unmodified iso (= if you load your wccf it will not take care about the "true" or "ok" value). They are only used for removed components detection for an already customized iso.

Your wccf can be used in three different ways :
- you already customized an iso and want to remove more components from this iso ... just remount your iso and select more components to remove (without loading a wccf)
- load it for creating a new and unmodified iso
- if you want to customize a different windows 10 edition in the same iso, you need to delete the previous wccf before mounting this new w10 edition .. then load your wccf, otherwise the previous wccf will be loaded (I think this is your case)

These limitations will not exist with WinReducerOS (which will be much more powerful in this matter) !

Smile

more_horiz
Dear winterstorm 2050. thank you.
You know what I mean, but it's not really the case.
For the new ISO, load an original defined wccf file.
For all versions.
Both the "true" and "OK" options are loaded.
However, in the final apply:
For version 2.41.
"True" is executed; "OK" is also executed.
For version 2.44.
"True" is executed; "OK" is ignored.

more_horiz
Looking at my wccf from 2.44 there is only true, or false. Ok does not appear throughout as a value
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum