The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

+73
parapher
Jpm
livingsilver94
demo71
pricecaptain
Mr.T
waldi84
pedilover
xuke771
T3st3r
leom81
castillo92
Alphonso Elric
freak.vulgar
Archimede
gougitany1
ffrules
neoss
dany00711
Cyber2000
FAFAŁ
test55
Cryoniq
YubiGalaxy
lss7777
muharremerd
aymanalz
bart3lon
websun
scottallthefriends
brazilcoco
ruby2hora
~BSOD~
yselimk
zumoc
aydentist86
Greatmetal
burt88
caphp
ziloth
Blaireau
Karolina
bymax
Ducco
mido26683
hclarkjr
Intelmaster
NODeath
slickric21
xmasivex
mrpotter2510
Veki385
sc7es
rafa9009
seiferflo
MrosPros
Niko
bay12
savale
dave999
billybully
gjoyal
carlese
spidernz
lucaskent
amin20
KrX
panman
inallsorts
theKramer
tupac4u
mau370
winterstorm2050
77 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 18 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Ok guys, I will release v0.99.2 in few hours ... To fix that annoying mount trouble when Net Framework 3.5 is integrated  !

lucaskent wrote:
Hey Guys windows search is working now but somehow the "pin to taskbar" is not working. Any idea what might be causing it?

Did you use the "Tweaks - Explorer - Remove Shortcut Arrow" ? Because it could break the windows taskbar ...

Thanks that fixed the problem Very Happy

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 18 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
OK  Very Happy 

more_horiz
I just noticed that i had selected windows firewall for removal but even after removal its still there. Is there any particular preset thats protecting it?

more_horiz
this is my wccf file, with that i get black screen just after boot for about 3 mins.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mb8zhm

If you go into safe mode there is no black screen.

more_horiz
I am getting that too after updating Sad

more_horiz
lss7777 wrote:
this is my wccf file, with that i get black screen just after boot for about 3 mins.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mb8zhm
If you go into safe mode there is no black screen.

You could try to bypass the installation of updates during 1st boot by using : "Unattended - Protect your PC" and use the value "Disable Windows Update" ...

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Here we go, WinReducer 8.1 - v0.99.2 (pre-final) is available for all members, only available in the WinReducer website :

CHANGELOG :

* NEW

- “Tweaks - Explorer - Enable Confirmation Dialog to Apply to all Current Items”
- “Tweaks - Explorer - Enable File Transfer Dialog with more Details”
- “Tweaks - Internet Explorer - Turn Off Location Sharing”

* UPDATED
- English language file to v0.99.2

* FIXED
- Mounting process could stop responding under certains rare circumtances
- Mounting process could stop if you slipstreamed Net Framework 3.5 in your ISO, resulting in an error message and blank tabs
- “Accessories – Natural Languages” : Improve Windows Search needed “*.dll” protection, even if you don’t use the “Protect Windows Search” preset
- “Appearance – WinReducer Theme Pack - Theme” : Display name didn’t the good one
- “Multimedia – Photo Viewer” : Break “Open with” for *.txt files

http://www.winreducer.net

Enough talking, go test the latest WinReducer 8.1 build test before the FINAL ...

more_horiz
Did your suggestions and no go still black screen after updates, gonna reduce less see what happens.

more_horiz
Yes, good idea ! Because the same thing happened with RT7-Lite and/or WinReducer 8.0 and some updates could break your ISO or your installation because of a component which has been removed ...  Sad 

more_horiz
Maybe the best should be to integrate updates before the removing process ... did you try this ?

more_horiz
nope gonna test a few things see what happens, ty anyways

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 18 EmptyUpdate Downloader

more_horiz
"Updates Downloader" tool in WinReducer doesn't work.
I have "You choose no updates to download".
WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 18 Ddudnd12

I would be glad to see it working in the next release of your awesome program.

more_horiz
1. pagefile.sys off no automatic sleep thx
2. after removing the language does not change the language online
3. Windows To Go remove control panel

more_horiz
Seem to be a problem whit the graphic interface. The caracter down the Arrow are not visible and is not possible to enlarge the Windows ( another Windows)...

EDIT: Already solved in 99.2. thanks.

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 18 Ay3br9

more_horiz
So I just tested the latest build, and something really weird is happening. I managed to mount the image succesfully, which is great, considering that was a suicidal task with the previous versions, and, to see if it worked, I selected only 5 components to remove: Windows Defender, PowerShell, and the three Chinese languages. PowerShell got removed. The rest of the components didn't. It is really weird. I'm going to try again with a fresh Windows installation. See what happens.

more_horiz
1) With v.99 I reported that many programs like xnview, vidcoder, wintoolkit etc did not work, possibly due to some error in .net framework or visual C++. With v.99.1 I reported that they were all working properly. I was wrong on that, because xnview still did not work. But everything else did. It is the same with v.99.2 - the program xnview doesn't work,l everything else seems to work. That is not much of an issue, but hopefully there is not some underlying cause for that which may affect other programs.

2) I checked the new tweak to enable detailed view for windows file transfers, but it did not seem to have an effect. The first time I did a file transfer, it did not show the details, and I had to enable the detailed view myself.

3) Removinf the unneeded files from ISO works now, and does not cause issues during installation, and it reduces the ISO size by half a GB! So now my ISO is only 2 GB, and installed size is 3.4 GB before applying updates.

4) The black screen at startup issue persists. This time I installed windows, and installed the graphics driver and rebooted a few times, but there was no black screen. So it is not the driver itself that is at fault. But after I installed all the updates, I got the black screen at the next reboot.

more_horiz
self delete

more_horiz
Cannot change user account picture. Nothing happens when I click it.

more_horiz
fix for black screen for me is :

Run --> msconfig --> Services Tab --> Uncheck "App Readiness" --> Apply/Okay --> Reboot

windows boot quicker

more_horiz
lss7777 wrote:
fix for black screen for me is :

Run --> msconfig --> Services Tab --> Uncheck "App Readiness" --> Apply/Okay --> Reboot

windows boot quicker

Thanks, that worked! Very Happy

more_horiz
Hi guys,

@aymanalz:
. I confirm the bugs with 2 new tweaks (I've made a stupid mistake ...  Crying or Very sad ), so it will be fixed in v0.99.3.
. I also confim the xnview bug, and I'm trying to fix it, in case other software could hang like it ...
. "change user account picture" is not yet fixed

@lss7777: I will try your fix (for the black screen startup issue) to see what I could do, excellent work my friend !

Guys, thank you very much, and I really appreciate your feedbacks, because it improves the overall quality of WinReducer 8.1 by much ...  Very Happy 

I will release the v0.99.3 today or tomorrow ...

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 18 EmptyMicrosoft Office "could not register font" error

more_horiz
I made an experiment. I chose almost all fonts in Winreducer to remove and tried to install MS Office 2013 on this new "Windows". And I got an error "Could not register font".
I solved this problem - I deleted C:\Windows\WinSxS\FileMaps\$$_fonts_*
After this I successfully installed MS Office on this OS. And it works fine. Everything works fine.

Maybe somebody else will test it too?

(I'm sorry for my probably bad English)

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 18 EmptyDrivers

more_horiz
Also, what about ability to remove the video drivers from the image? Such as Intel and NVidia?
Both of them have big size but in my opinion they're useless. At least because every user will install the newer version of these drivers anyways.

more_horiz
Hello,

1. did you use the preset "Protect - MS Office" ? Because it includes everything you need to protect Office installation even if you remove fonts ...

2. Which ISO are you using because I've understand MS removes all graphics drivers ?

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 18 EmptyHello 8)

more_horiz
1) No. I did not use this preset. As I said, I just wanted to make an experiment - will Office be successfully installed without the most of fonts AND also without using "Protect MS Office" preset. Because, as I see, it protects ONLY "Static Cache" fonts. As far as I know, MS Office needs more fonts for successful installation - such as "msjh" (Microsoft JhengHei) and "msyh" (Microsoft YaHei) and probably something else. And, yes - MS Office will be successfully installed if You'll delete $$_fonts_* in winsxs\filemaps folder. But i'll also try to use this preset with deleting MSJH and MSYH fonts but without deleting "$$_fonts_*" file.

2) Oh, my bad. Original "Windows 8.1 x64" really doesn't have these drivers. Sorry.
Though, I have them in my "C:\windows\system32\Driverstore\FileRepository" folder.

(once again, I'm sorry for my bad English)

more_horiz
hey winter,

tested 0.99.2 and all working good so far.

but the regtweak to remove shortcuts is not working (i selected it but registry is untouched by it in any way)

also i removed Action Center (and Control Panel - Action Center) but at contol panet its still there

---------------------
this one is still not fixed (NOW FIXXED)

only this 1 translations is still to long (the last word is "Probleme" so only the "e" is missing ;O)

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 18 Nq85ruuo

also still there
KrX wrote:
hey winter

i was a bit looking into the .wim files:

Code:

install.wim

\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3\09 - Mobility Center (link // i removed mobility center)

\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls (empty folder)

\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppxProvisioning.xml                    (removed all Apps)

\Program Files\Windows Multimedia Platform\sqmapi.dll (needed? // is the only file in this folder)
\Program Files (x86)\Windows Multimedia Platform\sqmapi.dll (needed? // only file)

\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll (needed? // only file)

\Windows\ADFS   (all languages i removed are still there)

\Windows\BitLockerDiscoveryVolumeContents   (files not removed)

\Windows\SystemResources\ (some Windows.UI files are still there that i removed)

----------------------------------

boot.wim

\Windows\WinSxS (can it be slimed down? its over 500mb big, thats half of the boot.wim size)

also

KrX wrote:
after removing there are 4 empty folders here :

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Tablet PC             (hidden)

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessibility

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Tablet PC

this one is also empty for me (dont know if what normaly is kept here):

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools

also this annoying thing

KrX wrote:
winterstorm i get something (bug or wanted) what annoys me

when i select an wccf (all items are selected) and than  i deselct something and hitting Apply, winreducer is doing all tasks from the wccf (reducing, services etc)(and also the deselected items)

this problem is also still there

KrX wrote:
hey winterstorm

i found something. i was testing and testing a lot because somethin was breaking my windows installation:

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 18 F99lmzh13c

and after hours i found it was this option: Printing - Internet Printing

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 18 4ijd6jp8tsjp

i will test tomorrow if it does the same when i select delay start etc (need to slepp its 1am ;O)

and

KrX wrote:
5. i tested again a little bit:

blank " "                     Installation OK
             " - "                          Installation OK
             "Disabled"                   Installation Corrupt
             "Remove"                    Installation Corrupt

i alwasy forget to look when it really happens but at this point:

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 18 Whlndrg4m2

it gets to 80% for sure. than i forget to look so it should be between 80%-100% or at beginning of installation of Features

i found also this

winterstorm2050 wrote:
amine20,

to answer you with all your questions :

5 - "import or export reg file (WIM REGISTRY EDITOR)" ? don't understand what you mean

i think he meant the Wim Registry editor from WinToolkit. In WinToolkit it is possiblte to add Regfiled (.reg) to WinToolkit and they will be added to your .wim

so that are the only things left. all other problems were solved and are working good Wink

more_horiz
Hey guy i have a question, i've marked on for preserve the windows search but also i've removed the indexing services so thi services does not be enabled. Anywhere once installe the iso le search indexer remain running. I want to make off the search indexer  for a performance question. The question is: If i turned off the preset for protect windows search can the search file function still functional? Because the search indexing is unuseful for my work type.

Thank's

more_horiz
Yes, it should work ...  Wink

more_horiz
So if I unprotect the windows search pre-set the search file still remain possible without the indexing file active? I want possible the search file without the indexer active... Thanks

more_horiz
Yes, normally it should works for you, because I'm using this for many ISO tests ....  Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum