The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionhow to reenable quick access? [solved] Emptyhow to reenable quick access? [solved]

more_horiz
I have built an image in which quick access has been switched off. now i would like to reactivate quick access, but unfortunately this does not work as desired.

Changing the entries "showrecent" and "showfrequent" in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

unfortunately does nothing.

When i set the folder options in explorer as admin user (last used files in quick access), this value is not saved - it always appears as not selected.

How exactly is quick access switched off?
Do I still have to correct any permissions in the file system or the registry?

Thank you

how to reenable quick access? [solved] Screen10

descriptionhow to reenable quick access? [solved] EmptyRe: how to reenable quick access? [solved]

more_horiz
Hello vividandwicked,

can you please share your config (*.wccf) with us so we can have a look what might have caused this behaviour?

Best regards,
Markus

descriptionhow to reenable quick access? [solved] EmptyRe: how to reenable quick access? [solved]

more_horiz
Ho can I upload the wccf file?
If I try to post it as text the message is too long.
I have only found the "host an image" button...

more_horiz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

uploaded the wccf file to wetransfer and a short video to demonstrate the problem

more_horiz
So I tested your config- and my guess was that it was related to Windows search! With "Protect Windows Search" in the presets tab enabled everything is working!

I do not have the time to test more right now but if you ask me my personal guess is:
- "Settings" Name="Search - Permissions and history"

In any case, if you keep your config only with protect Windows search enabled then you should be fine.

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
Hi Markus,

tried both - without success.
Which Windows Image did you use - 21H2?

Regards
Manfred

more_horiz
This is strange.

I used a Windows 10 21H2 (build 1387) German ISO as a basis with WinReducerEX100 3.1.0.0.

I extracted the similar config I used today with the protections on for you. Here it is:

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
hello markus,

i have now managed to see a dozen advertising pages - but unfortunately no download...
zippyshare does not manage to present me your file!
can you please send the file with wetransfer?

by the way, i use the same windows version.

thank you
manfred

more_horiz
Hi Manfred,

I had the same issues with WeTransfer but did manage to upload it now:

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
Hi Markus,

activating protect windows search was not enough.
I have enabled "Search - Permissions and history", "Search - Searching Windows" and "Settings" Name="Search - More details".

Now I am able to use quick access.

Thanks
Manfred

more_horiz
Hello Manfred,

you are welcome! I am glad we could sort it out. Smile

Best regards,
Markus
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum