The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionAdd Parameter to WinReducer EXE file EmptyAdd Parameter to WinReducer EXE file

more_horiz
Hi Winter,

it would be nice if there would be a way to execute winreducer with some parameters (or a config file)

what i would like is:

-extractedIso ----> path to the extracted iso file which you can now select with START -> FOLDER

-IsoPath        ----> path to an ISO file. which now is START -> ISO

-ImageIndex  ----> the image which to mount or if ther is only 1 index to mount it directly, same way as it works now

-wccf              ----> path to the wccf file

-remove          ----> only working when -extractedIso or -IsoPath AND -ImageIndex AND -wccf is selected. STARTS the removing process fully automatically

with this, that should be possible:

1. -extractedIso OR -IsoPath   -> winreducer starts till the window where you pick which image to reduce OR till the removing window when only ONE Index is available

2  -extractedIso OR -IsoPath AND -ImageIndex > winreducer starts and MOUNTS the Image picked by Index, so winreducer would fully start till the removing window

3.  -extractedIso OR -IsoPath AND -ImageIndex AND -wccf -> winreducer starts and MOUNTS the Image picked by Index, so winreducer would fully start till the removing window AND loads the wccf file automatically

4. -extractedIso OR -IsoPath AND -ImageIndex AND -wccf AND -remove -> does all the above AND starts the removing process,

with number 4 the removing process can be done fully automatically

or by a config file where those parameters would be set i.e. (location maybe next to .exe file?)

Config.ini 

[Config]
extractedIso=PATH to extracted iso
IsoPath=PATH to iso
ImageIndex=2
wccf=Path to wccf file
remove=true

maybe more options in future?

this feature could also be only available for vip/premium user etc

----

for me this would be very usefull since i already got a full automated production, from booting via network, till creating automatically an updated base iso in a VM + copy it to several locations.

i would like to add an automatically generation of an reduced iso.

for now i think i can create a workaround for that, but this would be nice in the future

descriptionAdd Parameter to WinReducer EXE file EmptyRe: Add Parameter to WinReducer EXE file

more_horiz
Hello KrX Smile

It is planned to add this functionality ... it will be implemented in the new WinReducer Software (2024 Edition), later this year ... and best of all, you will be able to choose your own parameters Wink

cheers
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum