The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] no option to add password for user Empty[IMPLEMENTED] no option to add password for user

more_horiz
when configuring the unattended installation, i can specify a username, what group that user belongs to, but no box to fill out a password.  I proceeded without specifying one, and when i use the ISO to install the OS, it says that the username is disabled.  I also get frequent crashes on the gui.  perhaps i am missing something on the .net framework?

description[IMPLEMENTED] no option to add password for user EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] no option to add password for user

more_horiz
same here, any ideas ?

description[IMPLEMENTED] no option to add password for user EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] no option to add password for user

more_horiz
Using 0.9.3 I want my default user to not have a password, and I don't want the prompt to enter a password on first login. Is someone aware of a tweak to disable this initial prompt and skip this??
Thanks,
Scott

more_horiz
Hello,

Please read this post from KrX : https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t318p475-winreducer-81-v0993-pre-final#3480

It should solve your trouble ...

more_horiz
or just read here:

https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t394-skip-password-in-unattendxml

just change the name displayname etc like you want and copy the snippet to your unattended.xml and replace the "UserAccounts" part

more_horiz
Excellent thanks!

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED TO "REQUESTS" FORUM !

more_horiz
ADDED IN v0.99.7 !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum