The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] Removing UEFI files Empty[IMPLEMENTED] Removing UEFI files

more_horiz
So, my motherboard does not support UEFI, and I've come across A LOT of Windows files that have to do with UEFI support. Now, I don't need any of that crap. I would like to see a component called "UEFI support" (or something like that) that removes all of these files. I bet there is a lot of people here whose motherboards do not support UEFI, and, therefore, do not need these files.

Could you please add this, Winter? It would be really cool if you could add it (I wouldn't have to remove them myself then, lol) Very Happy.

You can get a taste of these files even in the root of the ISO. There is a folder called "efi" and a file called "bootmgr.efi". They are both UEFI related as you probably might have guessed, lol. And you can find a lot of folders called "EFI" and files with a .efi extension throughout both of the WIM files that are all useless if you don't have UEFI in your system (Windows\Boot\EFI, Windows\Boot\DVD\EFI, there are .efi files in Windows\System32\Boot... and so on).

description[IMPLEMENTED] Removing UEFI files EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Removing UEFI files

more_horiz
hey

i think EFI was a "version" befor UEFI

like here the first 3 till 5 lines:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface

description[IMPLEMENTED] Removing UEFI files EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Removing UEFI files

more_horiz
Oh, yeah, but there is no motherboard that works with both things (BIOS and EFI/UEFI) I think. So, if your motherboard works with BIOS (as in my case), these files are useless.

more_horiz
Billybully, I've added this in v0.99.5 !  Wink 

It works in vmware player but could you please tell how it will work on your machine, thanks by advance !  Very Happy

more_horiz
Sweet! Very Happy You sure know how to make me happy Embarassed.

lol! 

#NoHomo

I will try the component as soon as you release the new version Smile.

Thank you for the great work, Winter. We love you!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum