The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] Scaling interface in main GUI Empty[IMPLEMENTED] Scaling interface in main GUI

more_horiz
WinReducer 8.1 appears to be made for monitors of a size greater than VGA. On my laptop a lot of the right-hand side of the interface is cut off, such that I often can't use the "browse" buttons for most fields that have them (I'm assuming that's what they are, I can't see them but can access using the keyboard).
My question is: Why are all of the forms non-sizable? Using Anchor points would allow the UI elements to correctly size is necessary according to the user. I mean, I don't really need to have a big window taking up my screen with just a progress bar, as shown in the attachment.
[IMPLEMENTED] Scaling interface in main GUI Captur10
Since this looks like a .Net application, I can probably edit the designer files to make this more accessible, I don't need any code, but I basically had to set up Remote Desktop and connect with a bigger sized resolution setting than allowed (from another machine with a custom client) in order to properly use this application, and it involved a lot of scrolling around the screen.  pirat

description[IMPLEMENTED] Scaling interface in main GUI EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Scaling interface in main GUI

more_horiz
Hello and welcome,

What do you mean by VGA size : 640x480 or 800x600 or eventually 1024x768 ?

But, the minimum screen resolution is 1366x768 to properly use WinReducer 8.1. (Source : "ReadMe.pdf").

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

description[IMPLEMENTED] Scaling interface in main GUI EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Scaling interface in main GUI

more_horiz
Right, 1024x768. There's no logical reason the app should be unable to run in that size of desktop.

more_horiz
I've changed the minimum requirements for screen resolution to 1024*768 !

DONE
: Added in RC2 !

more_horiz
Thanks! You're awesome!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum