The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Unable to integrate Updates or Software Empty[SOLVED] Unable to integrate Updates or Software

more_horiz
I'm having trouble to get WinReducer to work.

I downloaded all the updates, x86 and x64, they are in the folders E:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x86 and E:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64 folders.
I created a preset file (for Windows 8.1 Pro x64), and in the field System - Updates I indicated E:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64. Previously I tried with E:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES.
Neverthe less the updates don't get integrated into the image.

I'm also using OOBE, and my file is like this:

Code:

@ECHO OFF
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\sources\install.wim set CDROM=%%i:
if not defined CDROM goto :eof
echo Detected CDROM as drive %CDROM%
cd\

Title WINREDUCER POST INSTALLATION
Color F0

@echo  **********     Welcome     **********
start /wait %CDROM%\WinReducerPI\7Zip.exe -y /q /r:n
start /wait %CDROM%\WinReducerPI\ChromeSetup.exe /silent /install
start /wait %CDROM%\WinReducerPI\Firefox-Setup-26.0.exe /S /QuickLaunchShortcut=false /DesktopShortcut=false /MaintenanceService=false
start /wait %CDROM%\WinReducerPI\OpenOffice4.0.1.exe /qn /norestart

I expected to see inside my iso-image a folder called WinReducerPI, but unfortunately these files are not copied to the .iso file.
What am I doing wrong ?

description[SOLVED] Unable to integrate Updates or Software EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Unable to integrate Updates or Software

more_horiz
Hello,

1. So Updates are not integrated ? Look in your "*.wccf" file to see if you have the value "true" with the correct path for your updates

2. For WinReducerPI, just tried and it worked for me ... At the end of the "Apply" process, you will find the in your ISO extracted folder.
-> So here is my question, are you using an ISO or an USB key ?
. Because if you create an ISO (to extract to an usb key, for example), you will have your folder on the ISO.
. But if you use an USB key, you need to copy all files and folders by yourself ...

Let me know. Thank you ...  Very Happy

description[SOLVED] Unable to integrate Updates or Software EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Unable to integrate Updates or Software

more_horiz
Thanks for your quick reply.

1. I have the following configuration in the .wccf file:

Code:

<Element Category="System" Name="Integrate - Drivers" Selected="true" Value="E:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\DRIVERS\x64" />
    <Element Category="System" Name="Integrate - Net Framwork 3.5" Selected="true" Value="E:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\Framework35\x64" />
    <Element Category="System" Name="Integrate - Updates" Selected="true" Value="E:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64" />

The paths are correct. Should I remove the part \x64 ?

2. I extracted the installation files from the .iso, they are E:\WinReducer81\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer. And Yes, I'm saving to a .iso file. But the WinReducerPI folder gets not created.
I also noticed, that the oobe cmd script doesn't get saved. In which path should it get saved ?

more_horiz
1. I think you download them by yourself ? So you need to create these 2 directories in "E:\WinReducer81\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64" like this :

[SOLVED] Unable to integrate Updates or Software Update10

EDIT : of course put all your updates in the folder "Updates" ...  Wink

more_horiz
2. Normally, in WinReducer OOBE, once you hit "Add a file" button, all files are copied to the folder "HOME - SOFTWARE - WinReducerPI", then this folder will be moved in your ISO extracted folder ... Let me know ..

more_horiz
This time, I extracted the file from the DVD mysqlf, instead of letting Winreducer do it.
The first thing that changed is that the title of the first tab correctly showed version x64, instead of x86 like before.
There are also 113 steps in processing the image, not 13 like before. The updates are currently installing. So I think it will work now.

Another thing I observed: There is now keyboard French (Switzerland). If you'd like to add it in the selection list: It's hex code is 100c.

more_horiz
OK, good ... Please add your request in the in "Requests" forum otherwise I will fogot, thank you for your understanding ... Let me know for the result ...

description[SOLVED] Unable to integrate Updates or Software EmptyHow it finally worked

more_horiz
I was finally able to get to work the integration of the WinReducerPI folder and the OOBE installation script. Nevertheless, there are real issues.

How to do it :

A: Create configuration that can be reused (and modified) later
1. Create the OOBE script in the folder /WORK/INTEGRATE
2. Create the folder WinReducePI with all the contents in /WORK/INTEGRATE
3. Create a preset (gets saved in /HOME/PRESET)
    It is useless to save the OOBE script and to add the installation files at this stage. They wont be saved, that's why you need step 1. and 2.
4. Close WinReducer
B: Create the .ISO file
1. Copy the files from the DVD to a new folder outside /HOME or /WORK
2. Launch WinReducer
3. Import the image from a folder (Directly import from a .iso image will not work)
4. Open the preset configuration
5. Click System - WinReducer Post Installation - OOBE, turn OOBE on
6. Add a file (You must du this, so that Winreducer will copy the folder /HOME/SOFTWARE/WinReducePI to the image)
7. Copy your script from A.1. into the textarea
8. Copy your folder from A.2. /WORK/INTEGRATE/WinReducePI to /HOME/SOFTWARE/WinReducePI
9. Apply and save the .iso file

The above works for me, but everything is not as straight forward as it should be, becouse of the following issues:
Issues detected
1. When you select to import the image from an .iso file, the compilation of OOBE does not work (Folder WinreducerPI is not copied)
2. The OOBE script is not saved in the preset, therefore you have to save it by yourself (Step A.1. and B.7)
3. While opening Winreducer, it deletes the folder WinReducePI created in /HOME/SOFTWARE. That means it is not possible to add the files while creating a preset, because they will be deleted next time you open Winreducer. (Therefore you need step B.Cool
4. The option to add a file for OOBE is nice, but it won't help when you have a folder to add, like for Openoffice or MS Office 2013
5. When you create manually the folder /HOME/SOFTWARE/WinReducePI, you still need to import at least on file using the Add file button, if not, the folder WinReducePI will not get copied into the .iso file.

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED TO "BUGS" FORUM !

I will have a look on it for the next build ... Thank you for your report !

more_horiz
SOLVED IN v1.01 !

more_horiz
These construction seems to be very awkward.
I exspect simple steps to incluse additional software.

The folder WinReducerPI I can only found under \Work\Integration\Software.... not in \Home....
Also I don´t won´t to copy files and folders, save presets, reload ISO´s andd so on....
Even, how I can I save presets?

Regards
Kai
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum