The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] Image File Type Tags -Backgrounds Empty[IMPLEMENTED] Image File Type Tags -Backgrounds

more_horiz
Hey it would be cool if the file type tags were added, something like in the image.
Makes it easier when trying to figure out what you want where, since you'd have to convert an image from one to another. (ie many of my images a jpgs so would need to convert them to png/bmp)

[IMPLEMENTED] Image File Type Tags -Backgrounds Layout10

description[IMPLEMENTED] Image File Type Tags -Backgrounds EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Image File Type Tags -Backgrounds

more_horiz
Add Start Screen Background to the list
Info panel - what the resolution it is or resolutions Acceptable, especially important for boot/setup screens.

Some name changes to better clarify:

Background - Desktop Wallpaper (replaces wallpaper)
Background - Boot Screen (replaces boot)
Background - Setup Screens (replaces Boot Window)

description[IMPLEMENTED] Image File Type Tags -Backgrounds EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Image File Type Tags -Backgrounds

more_horiz
Hello,

Excellent ideas !

I will integrate all of them in upcoming v1.04, which will be released at the end of the week !

Thank you very much.

EDIT : Done !

Could YOU please tell me more about "
Add Start Screen Background to the list". Thanks.

more_horiz
Cool Will do I'm investigating that and some modern ui enhancements.

Can you please tell me where the logo part is used? I can't figure that one out.

more_horiz
In System Properties window, it replaces the big blue "Windows 8" logo :
[IMPLEMENTED] Image File Type Tags -Backgrounds 046_VirtualBox_Windows_8_1_System_Properties

more_horiz
hey winter,

i dont know if you know this:

at install.wim --> \system32\oobe there is a file called  FirstUXRes.WIM you can mount it like other .wim files. It containes pictures that are used after the installation when it confugures things (registry, analysis your graphic card etc)
you can change the picture FirstUXBackground.bmp

[IMPLEMENTED] Image File Type Tags -Backgrounds Rn7hujpw

the resolution is 1024x768

EDIT: you can change also this loading animation if you want ( 90 pictures) but thats for me to much work Razz

more_horiz
No, I don't know that, but it's a nice share my friend !

EDIT : It's OK for Windows 7 but it's not available any more for windows 8.1 !  Crying or Very sad 

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
In System Properties window, it replaces the big blue "Windows 8" logo :
[IMPLEMENTED] Image File Type Tags -Backgrounds 046_VirtualBox_Windows_8_1_System_Properties

Ahh ok Better naming would be Background - Logo (System Control Panel)

I was trying to figure out for ages which logo it refereed to lol thought it was some where in the boot areas.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
No, I don't know that, but it's a nice share my friend !

EDIT : It's OK for Windows 7 but it's not available any more for windows 8.1 !  Crying or Very sad 

hmm ok.. but im sure there is something similar in 8.1, if i find something out i i will let you know

more_horiz
Winter, great its in 1.04 Smile, but few things:

1) The image resolutions accepted aren't there
[IMPLEMENTED] Image File Type Tags -Backgrounds Backgr10

So for like boot/setup/logo where sizes a fixed please list the sizes in the more info tab.

Also naming, because these a only setup screens and not actual booting on windows referring them as boot doesn't make sense because they're not your everyday boot screens.

Background - Boot Screen ----Change to---- > ( Setup Screen - Boot)
Background - Boot Setup Window ----Change to ----> (Setup Screen Window)

Also for logo have system control panel next to it so a new person knows what it refers to. Smile

Background - Logo (System Control Panel)

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
hmm ok.. but im sure there is something similar in 8.1, if i find something out i i will let you know

Read this thread : LINK  Wink 

@spidernz:
1) Yes they are ... just clic on each red text ! Wink
2) I will update all picture format like ".bmp", thank you
3) I will also update "Background - Boot" to "Background - Setup Screen" and add "Background - Logo (System Control Panel)". Thank you.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
KrX wrote:

Read this thread : LINK Wink

the link shows how to change the boot screen,
what i meant was this configuration screen that appears when installing windows 7, where it does something with registry, tests your graphic card and prepares your computer. Normally it shows a black screen with a loading animation and i changed just the black screen because its boring ;O
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum