The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Used V1.05-  Cant rename folders or move folders Empty[SOLVED] Used V1.05- Cant rename folders or move folders

more_horiz
Here is a copy of my post from the help section.  I beleive it is a bug as another user has had the same issue after using v1.05.......

I have used Winreducer v1.05 to integrate all updates to April and then remove the following...

MetroUI - all except control panel/store/java/visual c

Windows Media Centre

Languages/keyboard - all except Uk English.

Skydrive (from network)

Disable hybernate & pagefile (tweaks)

Optimize wim remove uneeded versions.

After installing the iso I now have a bug that if I create a new folder anywhere on my hdd, I cannot rename it.
I get an error to try again, then it tells me the path is invalid.

description[SOLVED] Used V1.05-  Cant rename folders or move folders EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Used V1.05- Cant rename folders or move folders

more_horiz
I remember this being an issue with Skydrive, seems fixed now.
removiing key boards is fine

Try :
1) Metro Ui keep immersive as well.
Here's my current list:

Code:

<Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Immersive Control Panel" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Lockscreen SlideShow" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Media Play Ready" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Media Viewer" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Windows Java Script" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Windows Store" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Windows Visual C++ Runtime" Selected="false" />

2) Try this Optimizations setup. I know sometimes Optimizations causes issues too.

Code:

<Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Boot - Clean Boot Wim" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Boot - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - WinSXS Folder Compression" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - Net Framework Cleanup" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - WinSXS Cleanup" Selected="false" />

If you need to try working of my current .wccf
https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t339-desktop-with-and-without-metroui-apps#5418

description[SOLVED] Used V1.05-  Cant rename folders or move folders EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Used V1.05- Cant rename folders or move folders

more_horiz
Winter, could you take a look into this? This is a serious bug. I used the same settings as I've used on previous versions, except that with v1.05 I integrated update 1. Now I get this error, of being unable to rename folders.

more_horiz
I have this problem too when renaming: "The file or folder does not exist."

I have tried to disable and remove Library folders:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d676eae2-bad9-44e4-a2ea-3dd5a81d675d/kb2911106-regression-bug-cannot-rename-any-folders-in-windows-explorer-after-kb2911106-patch?forum=w8itprogeneral

and tried to re-regiter main folder infos in regedit:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/130137-cannot-rename-move-file-folder-vista-fix.html

None of mentioned solutions didn't work.

Here are (maybe) some useful infos about reg system folders and more:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762584%28VS.85%29.aspx

more_horiz
Hello guys,

As you know, I'm working on WinReducer 7.0, so I will have a look on this as soon as I can. And I assure you, that I'm doing my best to solve this problem as fast as I can.

Regards.

EDIT : Did you try to create a new ISO without removing "Skydrive" ?

more_horiz
Thanks.

No I did not, I removed skydrive on each ISO - coud that be the problem? Slickrick and novator, did either of you try without removing skydrive?

more_horiz
Confirming SkyDrive removal problem!
Just created ISO with SkyDrive (all other stuff removed as in problematic ISO) and there is no rename/create folder problem.

BTW winterstorm2050 You are THE LEGEND !!!  farao

more_horiz
In that case Winter, is it something that can be fixed, or shall I simply go ahead and make ISOs without removing skydrive? I mean, will it be possible in future to remove skydrive but not have this problem? Also, is there any way to correct this problem on an already installed system?

more_horiz
For the moment, you need to keep Skydrive to avoid the problem in your ISO. And I will fix it ! But for your installed system, it should be better to recreate your ISO without removing Skydrive ... Sorry.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
For the moment, you need to keep Skydrive to avoid the problem in your ISO. And I will fix it ! But for your installed system, it should be better to recreate your ISO without removing Skydrive ... Sorry.

All right, I shall wait until you fix it before making another ISO. Thankfully I have another system to use for now, so I don't really need to reinstall. Thanks.

The good news with this version (with update 1) is that the installed size is a lot less, and the size of update files required is also much less, as all the previous updates are not needed anymore. Skydrive seems to be removed succesfully too, although this rename folder issue happens because of that.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I'm actually working on it !

Wink 

more_horiz
Good news ... This will be fixed in the v1.06 !

It should be available today !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Good news ... This will be fixed in the v1.06 !

It should be available today !

Thank you. Will test as soon as you release it.

Did you also have a look at the other issue I mentioned, that the last DISM operation was taking a very long time with v1.05?

more_horiz
Hello,

Already available in the website : www.winreducer.net.

And I've also experienced this slow dism operation, but it seems to be a dism slow down, so to avoid this you need to do not use (=unchecked) "Unattended - WinSXS DISM Cleanup" !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum